A few weeks ago, I got a text from my aunt with a mouth-watering picture attached. I just love when friends and family share fun new recipes that they create. They not only know that I enjoy trying new things, they also know, if I am a fan, I will share it with all of my readers. These Cranberry & Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Burgers are a perfect example of just that.
As soon as I saw her photo pop up on my phone, I immediately wrote the necessary ingredients on my grocery list. Not only are these burgers super yummy, they are also quite healthy. And boy, I am very appreciative that this recipe made its way to me. I have made them a few times already and plan on adding them to my list of favorites!
You have to check out the simple recipe below and give these Cranberry and Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Burgers a try! I guarantee you won’t regret it!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Bring orange juice and dried cranberries to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, salt and parmesan cheese.
- Form meat mixture into 8 equal patties.
- Put one fourth of cranberries on 4 of the patties along with a half slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the remaining 4 patties on top, sealing the edges.
- Fry or grill on medium heat until internal temperature reaches 165° and inside is no longer pink.
- Cover each patty with a slice of mozzarella, allowing it to melt before eating.