If you’re anything like me…you’ve been there. As you walk through the kitchen, you realize you have neglected to eat the last three bananas. They are slowly slipping into a rotten state. Their vibrant yellow peels have disappeared and have been replaced with a mushy brown covering. You are faced with a vital decision…toss them or bring them back to life in moist, delicious Homemade Banana Bread?
If only all decisions were this easy! Of course, you have chosen to resurrect the bananas and make some magic! Now, I have tried many different banana bread recipes, and this is the one that I keep coming back to. It was passed on to me by my husband’s aunt Lori, and it has continued to be my favorite! After all, I must always make two loaves. The first is eaten immediately, and, if I am lucky, there will be a slice or two left of the second loaf to enjoy with my morning coffee.
Now it’s your turn to enjoy this Homemade Banana Bread! Check out the simple recipe below and get baking!!
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp oil
1/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cups ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour batter into greased bread pans.
4. Bake for 65-70 minutes or until top begins to crack.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into greased bread pans.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until top begins to crack.
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!