Easy Dreamy Chocolate Bars
Attention all moms!!! Have you ever heard the words, "Hey Mom, I have to take a treat to school tomorrow?" Of course you have! Now, how many of you have heard these words at 8:00pm???? Oh yes...I have been there.
Of course, being the food lover that I am, I could never just send some packaged snacks. Instead, I feel the need to hit the kitchen and whip something up. These Easy Dreamy Chocolate Bars are usually my first pick. Not only are they a sure success with the children, they are so easy and fast to make.
While your at it, you better bake two pans. It will be hard to send them all on the school bus in the morning and not have any for yourself! Follow the recipe below and create some delicious magic!
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter completely.
- Mix butter with oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar. (I use my hands)
- Press 2/3 of this mixture in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Set remainder aside to use for the topping.
- Microwave chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and sweetened condensed milk for 1 minute and stir until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining mixture over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!
The chocolate bars look so good! I will have to make these soon!
They are quick and easy and taste SO good! Enjoy!
Here in South Africa you don't get butterscotch chips only chocolate .
What else. Could I use.
Thank you Mandy
Thanks for reaching out! You can definitely just substitute the butterscotch chips with more chocolate. After all, you can't go wrong with more chocolate!