Air Fryer Pizza Rolls are simple to make and taste great. These homemade pizza rolls are crispy on the outside and bursting with pepperoni and gooey cheese on the inside.
Does your family like to eat pizza rolls for a meal or as a snack? In our household, we eat them anytime we get a chance. We eat them for lunch, dinner, or even as an afternoon snack. I can guarantee that these air fryer pizza rolls make an appearance at our super bowl party.
What kind of dough do I need for pizza rolls
When making these air fryer pizza rolls, I used wonton wrappers. You can use homemade wonton wrappers if you like. I wanted to save time by purchasing the wonton wrappers. I’m always looking for easy ways to make snacks and meals healthier for my family. I am still giving my family their favorite treats by making homemade pizza rolls, but a miniature, more nutritious version of them.
How do I reheat these pizza rolls
Do you have leftover pizza rolls? I have some tips on how to reheat them to taste just as good as freshly made pizza rolls. Unfortunately, leftover homemade pizza rolls are extremely rare in our house. However, it has happened once or twice. So I got in the kitchen and started experimenting with reheating leftover homemade pizza rolls in the air fryer. I found the best way to reheat them, and now I’m going to share that tip with you.
- Preheat your air fryer to 300 degrees.
- Once your air fryer is preheated, lightly spray your air fryer with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place your leftover homemade pizza rolls in the air fryer basket.
- Allow your pizza rolls to cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Flip them halfway through your cooking time.
- Now serve and enjoy.
Can I freeze pizza rolls
Yes, you can absolutely freeze pizza rolls. You will need to cook your pizza rolls and then freeze your cooked pizza rolls. I do not recommend freezing raw wonton wrapped pizza rolls. Once your pizza rolls are cooked all the way through, allow your pizza rolls to cool completely. It would be best if you had room temperature pizza rolls to start the freezing process.
Now that your pizza rolls have cooled place your pizza rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave about an inch of space between your pizza rolls on your baking sheet. You do not want your pizza rolls to touch each other during the quick freezing process.
Place the baking sheet filled with pizza rolls into your freezer. Allow the pizza rolls to remain in the freezer for one to two hours. Once your homemade pizza rolls start to harden, you can move them over to a freezer safe bag. Store in your freezer for up to three months.
There is no need to thaw your pizza rolls before reheating in your air fryer. Instead, simply add two minutes to your air fryer reheating time if you are reheating frozen homemade pizza rolls.
Other Fillings for Homemade Pizza Rolls
Are you looking for some different ideas to fill your pizza rolls with? Here are some of my favorite air fryer pizza roll fillings.
- Buffalo chicken and ranch dressing
- Italian sausage, pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese
- Ham and cheddar cheese
- Pizza sauce and Italian shredded cheese blend
How do I store leftover Air Fryer pizza rolls
If you manage to have leftover pizza rolls, you can store them in the fridge. I like to keep my leftover pizza rolls in a storage bag or Rubbermaid storage container. The best thing about leftover pizza rolls is that they can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. It’s doubtful they will last that long in your house. My family gobbles them up before I can even blink. It’s very rare that pizza rolls find their way into my fridge as leftovers.
Where do I buy wonton wrappers
Wonton wrappers can be found in asian grocery stores. If you do not have an asian grocery store nearby, check a local big grocery store. I have even found wonton wrappers at my local Walmart. Wonton wrappers can be found in either the produce department near the tofu or in the frozen aisle. If they are in the frozen aisle, I find them near the biscuits and bread items.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices
- wonton wrappers
Directions for Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Step 1. Lay a wonton wrapper on a nonstick surface.
- Step 2. Place a teaspoon of the pizza sauce in the middle of the wrapper.
- Step 3. Top with a small amount of pepperoni and cheese.
- Step 4, Dip your finger in the water and moisten the edges.
- Step 5. Fold the wrapper into a triangle, being sure to seal the edges well.
- Step 6. Place pizza rolls in a greased air fryer basket.
- Step 7. Air fry at 350ºF for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer. Overcrowding will prevent your pizza rolls from crisping up.
- Use finely shredded mozzarella cheese inside your pizza rolls for it to fit better.
- Prevent your pizza rolls from sticking by lightly spraying your air fryer basket.
These homemade pizza rolls make for an excellent appetizer or even an after school snack. There are so many different ways that you can jazz up your pizza rolls. I like to dip mine in pizza sauce or even ranch dressing.
Love what you see?
Can’t get enough? Check out more of my favorites recipes!
- Fresh Homemade Salsa
- Raspberry Jello Poke Cake
- Crab & Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Savory Seafood & Corn Chowder
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Easy & Delicious Pumpkin Bars
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 pepperoni slices, chopped into pieces
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2 tbsp water
- Lay wonton wrapper on a nonstick surface.
- Place a teaspoon of sauce in the middle of the wrapper.
- Top with a small amount of pepperoni and cheese.
- Dip your finger in the water and moisten the edges.
- Fold the wrapper into a triangle, being sure to seal the edges well.
- Place pizza rolls in a greased air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350ºF for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories 47Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 5mgSodium 120mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!