Homemade Easy Pop Tarts are made with only five ingredients and packed with amazing flavor. A light, flaky crust filled with your choice of fruit filling is a perfect way to start your day!
Simple Toaster Fruit Pastries
There is nothing like homemade! And there will be no need for store-bought after you try these quick, tasty Homemade Easy Pop Tarts! Looking for another sweet treat to make from scratch? Check out my Homemade Donuts! You won’t be disappointed!
Pop tarts! Pop tarts! Get one while they’re hot! Mornings in our house are definitely a bit chaotic at times. My husband usually leaves for work before the kids are out of bed, and I have to leave for work before they get on the school bus. That leaves the four of them to fill their bellies and get themselves ready. My goal is to always make sure they have a few things to choose from that are quick and easy to make.
Pop tarts have definitely had a spot in our pantry for many years now, however, they became much more popular when we started making our own. There is just something about hanging out in the kitchen, making something with my children. The moment when we are able to taste-test it, knowing that we created something delicious, is a moment to remember. And one of our favorite things about our homemade toaster pastries is that we can all add our own favorite jelly fillings.
Personalized breakfast deliciousness is just what we need to start our day off the right way. Now it is your turn. What flavor will you choose? I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! Check out my simple recipes below and get baking!
Ingredients for Homemade Easy Pop Tarts
- pie crusts
- fruit jelly
- powdered sugar
How to Make Simple Toaster Fruit Pastries
To get things started, preheat your oven to 425ºF. You can also prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set it aside for later.
Our first step is to prepare our crusts. Lay them on a nonstick surface and roll them out flat. Using a pizza cutter, cut them into 3-inch by 5-inch rectangles. Depending on the size of your pie crusts, you may have to reroll them to get a total of 16 rectangles.
Place eight of the triangles flat on your prepared baking sheet. The other eight can be placed on the side for now. We will be needing them shortly.
Spoon the fruit jelly of your choice onto each rectangle. Some of our favorite flavors are strawberry, raspberry, and blueberry. I like a decent amount of jelly in each pop tart, so I add about 2 tablespoons to each. Be sure to spread it to about a half inch from the edges. If you get too close, the jelly may leak out while baking, causing it to burn.
Next, place the remaining eight rectangles of dough on top of the jelly. Using a fork, gently seal all four edges. Also use the fork to poke into the center of each pop tart, allowing it to breath while baking.
In a small bowl, whisk an egg. Brush it onto the top of each pop tart. This will help your pop tarts get perfectly golden brown when baking.
Now it’s time to bake your homemade easy pop tarts!
Place your pop tarts in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until they are golden brown.
In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk. If the icing is too thin, you can simply add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, just add more milk. Allow the pop tarts to cool a bit before adding the icing.
When ready, drizzle the icing over top and add sprinkles of your choice!
Yum! These have become one of our favorite breakfast treats to make. My children absolutely love making them but enjoy eating them even more. I hope you find them just as delicious as we do!
Love what you see?
Can’t get enough? Check out more of my favorites!
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Fresh Homemade Salsa
- Raspberry Jello Poke Cake
- Crab & Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Savory Seafood & Corn Chowder
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Easy & Delicious Pumpkin Bars
- 1 box pre-made pie crusts (2 pie crusts)
- 1 cup fruit jelly of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Lay pie crusts on a nonstick surface.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut 3” x 5” rectangles.
- Place the first 8 on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon your fruit jelly onto each rectangle, spreading it to about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Place the next 8 rectangles on top.
- Using a fork, seal all four edges of each pop tart.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and brush it on all 8 pop tarts.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow pop tarts to cool prior to icing them.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add more milk.
- Drizzle frosting over top of pop tarts and add sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 23mgSodium 108mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 2g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!