Pickle shots are so tasty and so easy. Dill pickle juice and vodka come together to create a tangy cocktail that's full of bold flavor from the first sip to the last.
I'm not a big drinker, but I do like to serve cocktails at parties. I also love to make sure they're unique, which is why I love these pickle shots. They're tangy and bold and make a deliciously unexpected addition to any party.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only takes 4 ingredients to make.
- It's an easy cocktail recipe that's ready in just a few minutes.
- The vodka and pickle juice are an unexpected combo that's very delicious.
While a cocktail shaker isn't necessarily required for this cocktail recipe, I highly recommend it for the best cocktail outcome.
You'll only need 4 simple ingredients to make this cocktail, and one of them is ice! It's very simple, and you can find everything you need at your local grocery store.
Everything you need to make this cocktail is right here. You'll find the exact quantities in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Dill pickle juice
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: Tajin and pickles
Making this cocktail is as easy as it gets. You'll just throw everything into a shaker and then pour. That's really all there is to it.
The recipe highlights can be found here, but the exact instructions are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Rim each shot glass with Tajin.
2: Combine all cocktail ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
3: Pour the cocktail into the glass and garnish with dill pickle slices. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- You can try bread and butter pickle juice for this recipe.
- Use your favorite brand of vodka for this recipe.
- You can make these shots with gin, as well.
- Measuring cups
- Shot glasses
- Cocktail shaker
This recipe makes 4 shots, so you shouldn't need to store them. If for some reason you have extra shots, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
What to Serve with Pickle Shots
Serve these pickle shots with your favorite party finger foods. The pickle juice and vodka pair well with all manner of fried foods and appetizers.
- While a cocktail shaker isn't necessarily required, it will make it easier to make this cocktail.
- You only need to moisten the rim of the glass before dipping it in the Tajin. You don't need to drown it.
- Any shot glass will work, but mason jar shot glasses really add a nice touch.
- Chill the vodka and pickle juice before mixing for a nice, cold shot.
A pickle shot is a shot made with vodka and pickle juice.
Pickle shots have a briny but surprisingly smooth flavor thanks to the vinegar in the brine taking the bite out of the vodka.
Pickle shots are best when cold. Chill them before serving for the best flavor.
Other Tasty Drinks
- 4 oz dill pickle juice
- 4 oz vodka
- 10 ice cubes
- Garnish: Tajin and pickles
- Place Tajin in a small, shallow bowl.
- Prep shot glasses by moistening the rim of each and dipping them in Tajin.
- Place ice, pickle juice, and vodka in a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Strain into 4 shot glasses.
- Garnish with pickles.
Amount Per Serving Calories 92Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1137mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 0g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!