We’ve all been there…the vibrant bunch of yellow bananas that adorned our counter yesterday have taken a turn for the worse. They are now covered in brown spots and are a bit mushier today. You have a few options. 1. Eat them all like a crazy jungle monkey! 2. Hope they hold on one more day (but know you will disappointed in the morning). 3. Or create something 100% amazing with them!
Ding! Ding! Ding! #3 is the winner…and Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is the recipe of choice! You will not be disappointed! This delicious cake will actually have you praying that your bananas will over-ripen sooner than ever just so you can make it again!
This cake is so moist and soft it literally melts in your mouth. And with a sensational combination of flavors covered in creamy cream cheese frosting, it is complete perfection! Now it’s your turn! Check out the simple recipe below and get baking!
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
1⅓ cup mashed bananas
2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
1½ cups milk
3 cups flour
½ tablespoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
⅔ cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 300°.
- 1⅓ cup mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 - 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine 1 tablespoons lemon juice and 1½ cups milk. Set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar with a mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add half of flour mixture and half of milk mixture to the egg mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Add remaining flour and milk mixtures and mix just until combined.
- Gently stir in bananas.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake 60 - 70 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not over bake).
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Mix butter & cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar gradually until you reach desired consistency.
- When cake is cooled, frost and enjoy!
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!