Easy Zucchini Carrot Casserole
This zucchini carrot casserole features thin-sliced zucchini, shredded carrots, onions, cheese, and biscuit mix. It's an easy, rustic casserole that makes the perfect side and always satisfies everyone.
If you're like me, you're always looking for a way to get your kids to eat their vegetables. You've found it with the hearty, cheesy casserole. It's loaded with veggies, and I never have a problem getting my kids to eat it.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a few ingredients to make.
- It's an easy recipe that comes together quickly.
- It's a great way to get picky eaters to eat their veggies.
- It's super customizable. You can add all the veggies you want!
Slice your zucchini into even, thin slices for even cooking.
It only a takes a few simple, basic ingredients to make this recipe. You'll find everything you need in your kitchen or at the grocery store. The main ingredients are listed below, but you'll find the complete list along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Eggs, beaten
- Diced onion
- Parmesan cheese grated or shredded, divided
- Parsley flakes
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Zucchini, thinly-sliced
- Shredded carrots
- Biscuit mix
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and you'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time. You'll find the highlights here, but be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact instructions.
1: Combine all ingredients except zucchini, carrots, and biscuit mix in an mixing bowl.
2: Add the zucchini and carrots and stir. Then, add the biscuit mix and stir again.
3: Transfer to a baking dish and bake until set.
Substitutions and Variations
- Parmesan - You can use pecorino, parmigiano reggiano, or pecorino romano.
- Biscuit Mix - Cornbread mix will work in this recipe.
- Vegetables - Try adding other vegetables like peppers or mushrooms.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Casserole dish
- Cutting board
Refrigerator: Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Freezer: Store in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Place in a dish and bake at 350 until heated through.
Make Ahead: This casserole reheats very well, so you can make it up to a day in advance.
What to Serve with Zucchini Casserole
This delicious casserole pairs well with chicken, beef, or pork. It's a great side with almost any main dish and a little bread and butter or garlic bread.
- Slice your zucchini uniformly for even cooking.
- Spray your baking dish with nonstick spray so nothing sticks.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes to fully set before slicing.
Slice your zucchini into slices about 1/4-inch thick.
There's no need to peel your zucchini for zucchini casserole. The skin isn't tough or fibrous, and it's super healthy.
A good, old-fashioned box grater is the easiest way to do it. Remember not to try grating the carrot all the way down to the end. You don't want to grate your fingers!
Other Delicious Dishes
Easy Zucchini Casserole
This zucchini carrot casserole is full of veggies, cheese, and a hearty biscuit mix. It's also super easy to make!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese grated or shredded, divided
- ½ cup oil
- 1 ½ tsp parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 ½ cups zucchini, thinly-sliced
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Add onions, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, oil, parsley, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder. Stir well.
- Stir until zucchini and carrots until they are coated.
- Stir in biscuit mix until everything is uniform.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is set.
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 68mgSodium 369mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 6g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!