Easy Strawberry Dump Cake
This easy strawberry dump cake uses fresh strawberries, Jello, mini marshmallows, and boxed cake mix to create a super moist cake that explodes with sweet strawberry flavor in every bite.
Although dump cake doesn't exactly have an appetizing name, it's one of my favorite kinds of recipes to make, and this one is a particular favorite. I love all the fresh strawberry flavor, and of course, how easy it is!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It's super easy and ready in a flash.
- It's full of the sweet, vibrant flavors of strawberries, and it's so incredibly moist.
Don't rush the cooling process. Give this cake at least 20 minutes to cool so it can be easily sliced.
You need less than 5 ingredients to make this delicious cake. That's it! It doesn't get much easier than that. You'll find the exact quantities for the ingredients in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- White cake mix, mixed according to box directions
- Strawberries, chopped
- Strawberry jello
- Miniature marshmallows
I know I said it doesn't get easier than this recipe's ingredient list, but it actually does. Making it is even simpler. The highlights are here, but you'll find the exact instructions, such as they are, in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Layer sliced strawberries, strawberry Jello, and mini marshmallows in a greased baking dish.
2: Mix the cake batter according to the package directions and pour it over the other ingredients.
3: Bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Then, let it cool and flip it out onto a serving tray. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- Use strawberry cake for the ultimate strawberry dessert.
- Try chopped cherries and cherry Jello and other similar fruit combos in place of strawberries.
- Yellow, vanilla, butter, and white cake mix all works well for this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Baking dish
Refrigerator: Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer: Store in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Make Ahead: This cake reheats very easily. Feel free to make it in advance for guests.
Reheat: Place a slice in the microwave, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 30 to 60 seconds.
What to Serve with Strawberry Cake
Pair this cake with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. It's also wonderful with a dollop of whipped cream on top. You can also serve it alongside fresh strawberries.
- Layer everything as described in the recipe for the perfect cake.
- Let the cake rest for 20 minutes so it will stay together when you flip it out onto a plate.
- That's it! This is a super easy recipe.
It's an American dessert similar to a cobbler but with a cake topping.
Dump cake gets its name because all of the ingredients are dumped in without mixing.
If you didn't let your cake cool enough, it didn't have time to set properly. This is a super moist cake, and without adequate time to set, it will simply break apart under its own weight when you try to remove it from the pan.
More Tasty Sweet Treats
This easy strawberry dump cake is super moist and full of fresh strawberry flavor. The best part is that it comes together in just minutes!
- 1 white cake mix, batter prepared according to box directions
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 6 oz box strawberry jello
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare cake batter according to the box directions. Set aside.
- Place strawberries in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle dry jello mix over top of strawberries.
- Next, add marshmallows.
- Finally, pour cake batter over top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 20 minutes. Then gently run a knife around the
- edges and flip cake out onto a serving tray.
Amount Per Serving Calories 41Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 22mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 0g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!