This easy beans bacon and chicken skillet is full of tender, juicy chicken, bacon, baked beans, and cheese. It's a hearty dish perfect for any occasion, especially during the summer months.
I love hearty meals, and now that spring and summer are coming, I've got a huge winner here. This recipe combines a base of baked beans - a summer classic - with chicken, bacon, and other ingredients to create a delicious, one-pot meal that everyone in my family loves.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It's a quick and easy recipe that uses one skillet.
- The bacon, chicken, baked beans, and cheese make a super-hearty meal.
After cooking the onions and bacon, remove them from the skillet with a slotted spoon. You want the bacon grease to stay in the skillet for cooking the bacon.
It only takes a handful of basic ingredients to make this recipe. You probably have most of them in your kitchen right now, and any you don't have are available at your local grocery store. The main ingredients are listed here, but you'll find the complete list of ingredients along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Onions, chopped
- Bacon, chopped
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- Baked beans in tomato sauce
- Shredded cheese
This easy recipe is made in one skillet, so both prep and cleanup are a breeze. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps, and you'll have one amazing dish. The highlights are listed here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Cook the bacon and onions.
2: Remove and cook the chicken in the same skillet.
3: Combine the chicken, bacon, and onions in the same skillet.
4: Add the beans and cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can make this with pork and beef chunks, as well.
- Use your favorite brand and variety of bacon for this recipe.
- Your favorite baked beans will work perfectly.
- For a spicy version, add dices jalapenos.
- Measuring cups and spoons
Refrigerator: Store for up to 3 days in an air-tight container.
Freezer: Store for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
Reheat: Place the beans bacon and chicken in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
Make Ahead: This dish reheats very well, and some people think it's even better the next day. Feel free to make it a day in advance.
What to Serve with Beans Bacon and Chicken
This easy, delicious skillet is a full meal all on its own. It's basically a super-loaded variation of baked beans that's been turned into a full meal so serve it with all your favorite skillet and summer side options. Some nice ideas include:
- Garlic bread
- Side salad
- Roasted potatoes
- Mac and cheese
- Pasta salad
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon and onions after cooking them. That bacon grease is what you'll cook the chicken in.
- When the chicken is finished, remove it from the pan and wipe it clean so you don't end up with a greasy dish.
- A pot works wonderfully if you don't have a skillet large enough to accommodate all the ingredients.
This recipe uses bite-size pieces of chicken, so as long as you follow the recipe directions, the chicken will be cooked. To be absolutely sure, cut a piece of the chicken in half to check for doneness.
There really is no best baked bean option for this recipe. It uses canned beans, so it all comes down to personal preference.
Not at all. You'll still be cutting the meat into bite-sized pieces, so there will be no worries about doneness.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 28 oz baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- n a large skillet, cook onions and bacon over medium heat.
- Remove onions and bacon from the skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and wipe out the excess grease.
- Return chicken, onions, and bacon to the skillet.
- Add beans and cheese. Stir until all ingredients are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with additional shredded cheese and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 241Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 41mgSodium 1013mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 15g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!