My husband and I are truly blessed. God has given us four beautiful, healthy children, and it so hard to believe that our oldest daughter, Jazelle, is already 10 years old. We have witnessed so many changes in all of them, and as hard as I try, the changes just won’t stop happening. To savor every moment that I can, I absolutely love capturing handprints. Just being able to see the size, the little creases, and knowing that their precious little hand created it, gets me every time.
This Handprint Turkey Plate not only has a piece of each of our children on it, it also makes a statement about our family. We truly are blessed, and I am so grateful for what we have every single day. This plate is a perfect decoration for Thanksgiving and also a great way to remember just how tiny their hands once were.
Follow the How-To directions below to create your very own.
- Thoroughly wash and dry plate. I found mine on clearance at Shopko for $4.00.
- Brush red acrylic paint onto child #1’s hand. Be sure to slowly lower the hand onto the plate without sliding side to side. When complete, carefully lift the hand straight up.
- Briefly dry the paint with a blow dryer.
- Repeat Step 2 with remaining handprints and colors. I used pumpkin orange and fall yellow.
- Brush brown paint on one child’s foot to create the turkey body.
- After drying the paint, I used a black Sharpie marker to write my desired words on the plate.
Because I do not plan to use this plate for food, I chose not to seal it. If you wish to use it around food, I would suggest protecting it with a ceramic glaze or sealer.
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!