Anytime my husband and I go out for Chinese food, we are compelled to try the egg rolls. I am always amazed at how much they can differ from one restaurant to the next. Some we can’t get enough of, others we will never order again. This got me thinking…why not try to come up with my own recipe that my family and I can always count on to enjoy? And that is how I came up with my Homemade Egg Rolls. It did take some experimenting, but I finally found the perfect combination of ingredients that everyone in my family loves. Served with some sweet and sour sauce, these Homemade Egg Rolls make a delicious appetizers or a quick and easy main dish.
Check out the steps below and bring a taste of Chinese into your own kitchen.
Ingredients for Homemade Egg Rolls:
egg roll wrappers
1 large chicken breast, finely chopped
1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp. soy sauce
Directions for Homemade Egg Rolls:
Step 1: In a greased skillet, cook chicken breast. (You could also use pork or shrimp.)
Step 2: In a separate greased skillet, saute cabbage, carrot, onion, and garlic on medium heat for about 7 minutes or until they have softened.
It is really that easy! I couldn’t believe it myself! Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! I truly hope that you and your family enjoys these Homemade Egg Rolls as much as we do!
- egg roll wrappers
- 1 large chicken breast, finely chopped
- 1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- In a greased skillet, cook chicken breast. (You could also use pork or shrimp.)
- In a separate greased skillet, saute cabbage, carrot, onion, and garlic on medium heat for about 7 minutes or until they have softened.
- When veggie mixture is ready, add the meat and soy sauce. Simmer for about 3 more minutes on low heat.
- Build your egg rolls by placing a scoop of the veggie mixture on an egg role wrapper.
- Fold the sides in, the bottom up, and roll into a delicious egg roll.
- On a baking sheet, bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until egg rolls are golden brown.
Don't miss out on my inspirations!