Homemade Shrimp Alfredo
As a busy mom, I am always looking for quick, easy meals that my family can’t get enough of. This classic dish is a perfect fit! You should also check out my One-Pan Cheesy Kielbasa Pasta…another delicious dinner that comes together in minutes.Anyone who knows me well, knows that my #1 choice on any menu is Shrimp Alfredo. First of all, pasta is my weakness. I do believe that I could eat noodles everyday for the rest of my life. The possibilities are endless when it comes to sauces, meats, cheeses, etc. But, if I had to choose just one, this Creamy Shrimp Pasta would easily be at the top of my list.
Ingredients for Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- olive oil
- heavy whipping cream
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
How to Make Creamy Shrimp Pasta
To get things started, put the olive oil, diced onions, and minced garlic in a large sauce pan. Cook it over medium heat until the onions are transparent.
Before starting the sauce, let’s get our pasta cooking. In a large pot, get some water boiling to prepare the angel hair pasta (or pasta of your choice) according to the package directions. If you are anything like me, you will use whatever pasta you have in the pantry.
Now let’s get our sauce started. Put the heavy whipping cream and butter in a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, cook until the butter is melted. Be sure to stir frequently. Bring mixture to a slow boil.
Next, we are going to stir in the parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until cheese is melted. Continue stirring and reduce the heat. The sauce will thicken.
Now it is time to make a little magic. Let’s pour our homemade sauce over those beautiful shrimp.
Let’s get this masterpiece on a plate. Get a hot helping of pasta, throw a big old scoop of Alfredo and shrimp on top of it, and garnish it with some fresh parsley. Now, take a moment to look at just how beautiful it is before you dig in. After all, you will be licking the plate in no time!
How to reheat Homemade Shrimp Alfredo
With six hungry mouths at our table, we rarely have leftovers. And after all, this stuff is so amazing when it is freshly made, we have a hard time leaving any of it in the pan. However, when I do have some left over, I know I am guaranteed a delicious meal the next day.
Just simply toss the remaining Alfredo in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to reheat it, you can do so on the stovetop or in the microwave. Because time is always of the essence, the microwave is usually my method of choice.
After heating it up, you may notice that the sauce separates a bit. No worries. Add a little bit of milk and mix it in. This will bring your creamy pasta right back to life.
Need more delicious ideas? Check out more of my favorites!
- Crab & Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Savory Seafood & Corn Chowder
- 2-Ingredient 7UP Cake with Cream Cheese 7UP Icing
- Homemade Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Red White and Blue Cake Mix Cookies
- Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Easy & Delicious Pumpkin Bars
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp, deveined and tails off
- 16 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- fresh parsley
- Place olive oil, onion, and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat until onions are transparent.
- Add shrimp. Continue cooking until shrimp are pink and opaque. Drain excess water off. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is boiling, prepare the Alfredo sauce.
Put heavy whipping cream and butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir frequently until butter is melted. Bring mixture to a slow boil.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until cheese is melted. Sauce will thicken.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over shrimp.
- Serve over cooked pasta, garnished with fresh parsley.
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!