These air fryer jalapeno poppers are loaded with delicious cream cheese, bacon, cheese, and of course, that delicious heat of the jalapeno in which all those flavors are nestled. It’s an easy, delicious appetizer everyone will love.
Jalapeno poppers are such a classic appetizer, especially on game day. This air fryer version gets you in and out of the kitchen fast and back to all your friends and family.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
I’ve always been a big fan of jalapeno poppers, but now that I make them in the air fryer, I’d call it a life-long love. They come together so quickly and cook perfectly every time.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these delicious bites.
- cream cheese
- garlic powder
- green onion
- shredded Colby Jack cheese
Short sentence like “you only need 6 steps to complete this recipe.
Step 1: Slice jalapeños lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins.
Step 2: Place jalapeños in a greased air fryer basket and drizzle them with olive oil.
Step 3: Air fry jalapeños at 400ºF for 4 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes or until able to be handled.
Step 4: Place upside down on paper towel to drain any excess liquid or oil.
Step 5: Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
Step 6: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese, bacon (reserving about 2 tbsp to top the jalapeño poppers with), and green onions.
Step 7: Fill jalapeños with cream cheese mixture and return to air fryer basket. Top with additional shredded cheese and chopped bacon.
Steps 8: Air fry at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
You only need a few basic pieces of kitchen equipment to make these poppers.
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Cutting board
- Air fryer
Ham: Use ham instead of bacon for something a little different.
Chives: Chives make a great substitute for green onions.
Looking for ways to change up these air fryer jalapeno poppers? Here are some suggestions.
Extra Spicy: Add a little red pepper to the cream cheese mixture for even more heat.
Finely Diced Jalapenos: Try adding finely diced jalapenos right into the cheese mixture for more jalapeno flavor.
- Always preheat your air fryer for the most even cooking.
- NEVER touch your face when handling jalapenos.
More Appetizer Recipes
These will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
No. Cream cheese doesn’t do well in the freezer. The texture will change from freezing and defrosting.
Place the poppers on a wire rack in a 350-degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes are until they’re crispy and hot.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Ready to cook these air fryer jalapeno poppers? Then print the recipe card below.
- 6 Large Jalapeños
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 8 oz bacon cooked and chopped, divided
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins.
- Place jalapeños in a greased air fryer basket and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Air fry jalapeños at 400ºF for 4 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes or until able to be handled.
- Place upside down on paper towel to drain any excess liquid or oil.
- Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese, bacon (reserving about 2 tbsp to top the jalapeño poppers with), and green onions.
- Fill jalapeños with cream cheese mixture and return to air fryer basket.
- Top with additional shredded cheese and chopped bacon.
- Air fry at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 194Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 46mgSodium 483mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 10g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!