This pesto may recipe is rich, creamy, and full of delicious flavor. It's a tasty take on mayo that's perfect on all your favorite sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, or even a dipping sauce.
I'm a big fan of mayo. I love it on sandwiches, hamburgers, and hot dogs, and that's just to start. Heck, I dip my fries in it! I made this variation to switch things up, and let me tell you, it takes mayo to an entirely new place.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only uses 4 simple ingredients.
- It's incredibly easy to make.
- It can be used anywhere you'd normally use regular mayo.
For the best flavor, give this mayo 24 hours to set so all the flavors can meld.
A handful of simple ingredients is all you need to make this recipe, and they're all waiting at your local grocery store. See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Basil pesto
- Chopped fresh basil
- Fresh lemon juice
It doesn't get easier than this recipe. Usually, I place the highlights there, but there's only 1 step to begin with!
1: Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use your favorite brand and variety of mayonnaise.
- Use your favorite brand of pesto.
- If you don't have a lemon, you can use Real Lemon.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Air-tight container.
Refrigerator: Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer: Do not freeze this pesto mayo recipe.
Make Ahead: This mayo is better the next day, so feel free to make it the day before you plan to use it.
What to Seve with Pesto Mayo
This delicious mayo variation is perfect for sandwiches, hamburgers, or hot dogs. It also makes a great addition to a salad dressing or sauce that calls for regular mayonnaise.
- Stir the ingredients very well to ensure that everything is mixed well.
- For the best flavor, let the mayo chill overnight.
Pesto is a traditional Italian sauce made with crushed garlic, pine nuts, salt, basil leaves, and hard cheese such as Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Sardo.
It's a thick, cold, creamy sauce made from emulsified eggs, oil, and an acid like vinegar or lemon juice.
Pesto mayo can be used in place of regular mayo on sandwiches, hamburgers, and hot dogs. It can also replace regular mayo in many recipes that call for regular mayo. Get creative!
More Irresistible Recipes
- 8 oz basil pesto
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Pesto mayo will last about 4-5 days before it begins to discolor.
Amount Per Serving Calories 78Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 4mgSodium 74mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!