Looking for a new spin on a classic comfort dish? This Air Fryer Pizza Grilled Cheese is about to give your taste buds a delicious treat.
Air Fryer Pizza Grilled Cheese
I love the Air Fryer. I'll say it again and again. It's a fast and easy way to cook any recipe quickly and in a way that no other kitchen appliance can do. There's just something so awesome about the way that it perfectly crisps the bread and make it nice and crunchy on the outside and perfectly gooey on the inside. If there is a way that I can use my Air Fryer for a recipe, I'm going to choose that time and time again.
The more that you can make this recipe, do so. It's a simple and easy treat that will give your belly so much flavor. I literally make this anytime that I can because I love that it's so fast and easy to make. Why spend hours cooking up something in the kitchen when you can have this wonderful treat instead?
If you're ready to learn how to cook up this delicious treat, just follow the easy recipe below!
Ingredients Needed to Make Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
I failed to mention earlier that this simple air fryer grilled cheese recipe takes just four easy ingredients. That's not hard to do at all, right?! Just gather up the simple ingredients below to get started. It's really that simple! You probably already have them in your pantry at home.
- sandwich bread
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
How to Make a Pizza Sandwich with the Air Fryer
Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread.
Lay the pieces of bread butter side down. Spread half of the pizza sauce on two of the pieces of bread.
On the same two pieces of bread, place one layer of a 1/4 cup of cheese, 6 slices of pepperoni, and then another layer of 1/4 cup of cheese.
Place the other buttered pieces of bread on top of each sandwich.
Place both sandwiches in air fryer basket.
Air fry at 370ºF for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Why do I have to flip food in the air fryer?
Sounds confusing a bit, right? I get it - I really do. And even though the air fryer is super powerful at what it does, we still have to help it along sometimes to make certain that the heat and air circulate throughout the entire appliance.
What are some fun dipping sauces for this grilled cheese?
If you're anything like me, you're going to love using this as a way to dip into condiments or dressings. I really think that grilled cheese tastes great with ketchup so don't be shocked if you might think the same. Having a little dollop of ketchup on your plate is a fun dipper for this treat.
You can also dip this is marinara since it's pizza-themed! This makes it super delicious and really hammers home that pizza taste and flavor.
Can you reheat food in the air fryer?
You can but you do need to be really careful with this. If you heat it too long or too hot, it's going to burn and lose some of that flavor. You can easily heat up leftovers just make certain to keep it short and sweet. I also never venture too far when I'm heating up food just in case it were to burn.
Tips for Changing up The Flavor
One of the really fun parts of this recipe is that you can easily change up the flavor to change up the taste. It's as simple as making a few small tweaks to have it taste completely new!
- Add a little bit of a health factor to this recipe by adding in some veggies. I like to top it with onions or even add in some banana peppers or bell peppers, too. You can add them raw and enjoy that crunch or sauté them up in a skillet and serve them that way.
- Simply changing out the type of cheese that you use is awesome as well. Just switch it up and see how fast it tastes new. If you're a fan of spice, add pepper jack cheese and treat your taste buds. You can also add in a mixture of cheeses as well.
- Eat it open-faced! I know this isn't possible until AFTER you cook it but just pull apart the two pieces of bread and add more toppings on at that point in time!
- Last but not least, just know that this recipe is going to be SUPER hot. It's easy to remember that as an adult but if you have little ones eating this, the middle of the sandwich with that hot melted cheese is going to be really, really hot. Just let it cool a bit.
- Change up the type of bread that you use to give it a more subtle taste and flavor. I tend to use whatever bread I have at home but you can try out different types and see what you like!
Ready to enjoy?
As you can see, this simple air fryer recipe is a lot of fun. It's great for kids to make on their own and a really good recipe for independent teens to cook up their own dinner, fast. I love it because it's full of flavor and really does taste like pizza! It's also delicious and a great way to not have to clean up a huge mess after making a tasty meal. Because who wants to spend all their time cleaning up in the kitchen when they don't have to?
What to Serve with Grilled Cheese
Of course, you probably think of tomato soup when you think of grilled cheese pairings, but there's so much more you can try. Check out the ideas here in my what to serve with grilled cheese post.
Can’t get enough? Check out more of my favorites recipes!
- Fresh Homemade Salsa
- Raspberry Jello Poke Cake
- Crab & Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Savory Seafood & Corn Chowder
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs
- Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Easy & Delicious Pumpkin Bars
- 4 pieces sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread.
- Lay the pieces of bread butter side down. Spread half of the pizza sauce on two of the pieces of bread.
- On the same two pieces of bread, place one layer of a 1/4 cup of cheese, 6 slices of pepperoni, and then another layer of 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Place the other buttered pieces of bread on top of each sandwich.
- Place both sandwiches in air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 370ºF for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Amount Per Serving Calories 491Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 86mgSodium 1006mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 20g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!