Buffalo chicken spinach dip combines the hot and spicy kick of buffalo chicken with the smooth, creamy goodness of spinach dip to create the ultimate party dip. It's perfectly balanced, full of flavor, and ready in minutes.
Party food is the best food, and two of my great party food loves are Buffalo chicken dip and spinach dip. Both of them really hit the spot with some chips, crackers, or veggies. So I decided to put them together. The result is this hot and spicy, chicken-filled take on spinach dip that you're going to love.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple, limited ingredients.
- It's delicious and has the perfect balance of heat and cool creaminess.
- It combines two of the best dips in the history of party food.
Be gentle when stirring in your chicken. You don't want the canned chicken to completely flake into nothing. Some chunkiness is the perfect consistency.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and they're all at your local grocery store. You can get everything you need in just a few minutes! Be sure to check the recipe card for the exact quantities.
- Cream cheese, softened
- Sour cream
- Buffalo sauce (depends on how spicy you prefer)
- Garlic powder
- Canned chicken
- Frozen chopped spinach
- Chopped green onions
This is one of the easiest recipes you'll ever make. The chicken is canned, and there is zero cooking involved. It's just a few minutes of mixing! The highlights are here, but you'll find the complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Mix all the wet dip ingredients until combined.
2: Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3: Serve warm or cold with your favorite dipping foods.
Substitutions and Variations
- Try adding crumbled bacon.
- You can use full-fat Greek yogurt if you don't have sour cream.
- You can use leftover chicken breast or rotisserie chicken for this dip.
- Measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board
Refrigerator: Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer: This dip will not freeze well.
Reheat: If you prefer hot dip, microwave portions at 30-second intervals until warm.
Make Ahead: This dip is delicious the next day. Feel free to make it ahead of time.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Spinach Dip
This dip combines two classics, both of which are perfect with the same types of dipping treats. Serve this dip with:
- Potato chips
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Fully soften your cream cheese for the best texture.
- Be gentle when mixing in the chicken so it stays somewhat chunky.
- This dip is delicious hot or cold.
Buffalo chicken spinach dip is a dip that combines the flavors of both Buffalo chicken dip and spinach dip into one dish. It's a cream cheese-based dip with added Buffalo sauce, chicken, and spinach.
Any dip with a mayonnaise or sour cream base almost always becomes watery and grainy when defrosted.
Simply place a portion in a bowl and microwave it covered at 30 second-intervals until hot!
More Chicken Dishes
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-4 tbsp buffalo sauce (depends on how spicy you prefer)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 10 oz canned chicken
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add chicken, spinach, and green onions. Stir until well-combined.
- This dip can be served warm or cold. If you prefer warm, microwave it in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until it reaches the temp you desire.
- Serve with crackers, carrots, or celery.
Amount Per Serving Calories 187Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 50mgSodium 535mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 10g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!