Rhubarb Nut Bread
This rhubarb nut bread is full of sweet and tangy rhubarb flavor, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. It's an easy rhubarb quick bread that's as easy as it is tasty.
I'm a huge fan of quick bread, and I love the sweet and tangy flavor of rhubarb recipes. So I decided to put them together into a delicious bread that's sweet, tangy, and even better - EASY!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few basic baking ingredients.
- It's an easy recipe that even beginners can make.
- It's full of tangy rhubarb, sweet vanilla and cinnamon flavors, and crunchy pecans.
Don't overmix your batter. As soon as it's combined stop. Overmixing can lead to dense, tough bread.
You'll only need a few basic baking ingredients to make this recipe. Outside of the rhubarb, you probably have everything you need in your kitchen right now. The Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact amounts.
- Butter, softened and divided
- Baking soda
- Flour, divided
- Chopped pecans
This is a basic quick bread recipe that anyone can make. You'll be in and out of the kitchen in just a few minutes after just a few simple steps. The highlights are listed here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Combine the wet batter ingredients along with the baking soda.
2: Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
3: Add batter to two greased bread pans.
4: Combine the streusel ingredients and sprinkle over the bread.
5: Bake until a knife inserted into the bread comes out clean.
9: Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can add berries or other fruit to the bread.
- Walnuts or almonds work well in place of pecans.
- Try adding chocolate chips to the batter.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Bread pan
Room Temperature: Store for up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
Refrigerator: Do not refrigerator your bread.
Freezer: Store for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
Reheat: Serve at room temperature or microwave for 15 to 30 seconds until heated through.
What to Serve with Rhubarb Nut Bread
This delicious quick bread variation is perfect with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. You can also serve it coated with butter or alongside yogurt, parfaits, or ice cream.
- For moist, tender bread, don't overmix your batter.
- Dice your rhubarb into small pieces.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes before slicing so it doesn't fall apart.
Yes and no. There's an idea that rhubarb will cause stomach upset, but this only happens if the leaves are consumed. The stalks are perfectly safe.
Fresh rhubarb has a short window of availability. It's only available from May through June. However, frozen rhubarb is available year-round.
You can. Simply defrost and drain the rhubarb, then add it to the batter.
Other Yummy Bread Recipes
Homemade Rhubarb Bread
This rhubarb nut bread is moist and tender and full of sweet and tangy rhubarb flavor and the crunch of chopped pecans.
- Bread Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rhubarb
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Topping Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2-4 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare bread batter by beating sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs, baking soda, milk, and vanilla. Beat again.
- Add 2 cups flour and beat until batter is smooth.
- Stir in rhubarb and pecans.
- Transfer batter to a greased bread pan.
- To make topping, in a small bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. The consistency will be a crumble. The amount of flour used will depend on the oil content of your butter.
- Sprinkle crumble evenly over batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving Calories 167Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 37mgSodium 143mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 5g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!