This mango pancake recipe takes classic pancakes and gives them a tropical twist with mango puree. Every bite is a taste of the tropics!
I've had a love affair with pancakes since I was a kid, and over the years, I've had fun trying out all kinds of different varieties of this classic breakfast. One of my favorites is the tropical version that uses mango puree.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple ingredients, most of which you already have in your kitchen.
- It's an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make.
- It's full of the sweet, tropical flavor of mango.
For light, fluffy pancakes, mix your batter until it's just combined. Overmixing increases the gluten in the pancakes and makes them tough.
Outside of the mango, this recipe only uses simple baking ingredients. You'll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store. The main ingredients are here, but be sure to see the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Mango, pureed
This is a simple pancake recipe with the only difference being the addition of pureed mango. That means it's an easy recipe that even beginners can make. The highlights are below, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Combine the dry pancake ingredients.
2: Add the wet pancake ingredients and mix until just combined.
3: Cook pancakes on each side until golden.
4: Serve with your favorite toppings.
Substitutions and Variations
- Puree your favorite fruit to make all kinds of pancake flavors.
- Try adding coconut to the batter.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Blender or food processor
Refrigerator: Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Freezer: Store in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Place pancakes on a baking sheet and cover them with foil. Then, bake for 5 to 7 minutes at 350 until heated through.
Make Ahead: While these pancakes reheat relatively well, they're never as good as when they're freshly made. I don't recommend making them ahead of time.
What to Serve with Pancakes
Pancakes are a fantastic breakfast all by themselves with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. Make them part of an even larger breakfast spread by pairing them with your favorite savory breakfast items like:
- Breakfast casseroles
- Biscuits and gravy
- Don't overmix your pancake batter. Mixing them too much develops excess gluten which causes tough pancakes.
- Flip your pancakes when the edges look dry and there are bubbles on the top.
- To save time, you can purchase mango puree at the store.
Overmixing is always the culprit here. When pancake batter is overmixed, it develops too much gluten. That gluten contracts when the pancakes cook, causing them to be tough and rubbery.
Cook your pancakes on medium heat for the best results. Any lower will take too long, and any higher will result in burned pancakes.
Your heat was either too high or too low. If the heat is too low, the batter will soak up the butter or oil in the pan. If the heat is too high, the pancakes will cook on the outside but remain somewhat raw in the middle.
More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 mango, pureed
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- OPTIONAL: top with whipped cream, syrup, and diced fruit for serving
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- Add mango, milk, melted butter, and egg. Whisk until batter is uniform and smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add ¼ cup spoonfuls to the skillet.
- When the edges of the pancakes appear dry and bubbles begin to form in the middle of the pancake, gently flip them over and cook until that side is done.
- Continue with the remaining batter.
- Top with whipped cream, syrup, and diced fruit.
Amount Per Serving Calories 222Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 38mgSodium 351mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 2gSugar 15gProtein 5g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!