Fruity pebbles pancakes combine one of the most beloved children's cereals ever with light, fluffy pancakes to create a breakfast that's a super sweet way to start the day.
Who remembers having Fruity Pebbles for breakfast? I sure do. I've loved this cereal since I was a kid, and I knew it would make a great mix-in for a batch of pancakes. I was so right! I've been making these extra special pancakes ever since.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a few basic baking ingredients to make.
- It's a deliciously sweet start to the day.
- Light, fluffy pancakes are loaded with Fruity Pebbles. Need I say more?
For the fluffiest pancakes, mix the ingredients until just combined.
It only takes a few simple basic ingredients to make this recipe. Most of them are baking staples. You'll find the complete list of ingredients along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Baking powder
- Melted butter
- Fruity Pebbles cereal
This is simply a basic pancake recipe with Fruity Pebbles mixed in. It's a very straightforward recipe. You'll find the highlights below, but the exact instructions are in the recipe card.
1: Combine the dry ingredients. Then, add the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
2: Drop the batter by large spoonfuls into a greased skillet and sprinkle with Fruity pebbles.
3: Cook until bubbly, then flip and cook until the other side is done. Top with sipped cream, more Fruity Pebbles, and syrup.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can mix Fruity Pebbles into the batter if you like.
- Cocoa Pebbles make amazing pancakes, too!
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
Refrigerator: Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Freezer: Store in an air-tight freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Place pancakes on a baking sheet in a single layer and cover them with foil. Then, bake for 5 to 7 minutes at 350 until heated through.
Make Ahead: I don't recommend making pancakes ahead of time. They're never as good as when they're fresh.
What to Serve with Pancakes
These pancakes are a great start to the day all on their own. For something even more substantial, pair them with delicious breakfast favorites like these:
- Don't overmix your pancake batter. Too much mixing leads to tough pancakes.
- Flip your pancakes as soon as the edges look dry and they have bubbles for the perfect results.
They're simply a basic pancake recipe with Fruity Pebbles added to them.
No! In fact, they are super easy to make!
Absolutely. I love to make this with Cocoa Pebbles and even slightly crushed Froot Loops.
Other Delicious Dishes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- OPTIONAL: whipped cream and syrup for serving
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- Add milk, melted butter, and egg. Whisk until batter is uniform and smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add ¼ cup spoonfuls to the skillet.
- Sprinkle Fruity Pebbles onto each cooking pancake.
- When the edges of the pancakes appear dry and bubbles begin to form in the middle of the pancake, gently flip them over and cook until that side is done.
- Continue with the remaining batter.
- Top with whipped cream, Fruity Pebbles, and syrup.
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 38mgSodium 366mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 5g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!