Air fryer bacon wrapped hot dogs combine a classic grilled food and wraps it up in everyone's favorite piece of pork to create a variation on a hot dog that will have everyone coming back for more.
We all love hot dogs, right? And we all love bacon? Right again! Well, when you combine the two, you get a delicious dog that will have your mouth watering and your tastebuds singing. This combo is one you can't miss.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It combines two classic meats that almost everyone loves.
- It uses less than a handful of ingredients.
- It's easy to make and cooks perfectly in the air fryer.
Leave space between your bacon wrapped hot dogs in the air fryer basket. They need good air flow to get the bacon nice and crispy.
This ingredient list for this recipe is short and sweet. It only takes three ingredients to make the basic dogs. That's it! Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Hot dogs
- Bacon slices
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: ketchup, mustard, diced onions, relish, etc.
This is just about the easiest recipe you'll ever make. In just a few minutes, you'll be all done. The overview is listed here, but you'll find the full instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Wrap the hot dogs in bacon.
2: Air fry until the bacon is crispy, flipping halfway through cooking.
3: Place on buns and top with your favorite toppings.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use your favorite brand of hot dog for this recipe.
- Use your favorite brand of bacon.
- You can make this recipe with turkey dogs and turkey bacon, as well.
- Air fryer
Refrigerator: Store for up to 3 days in an air-tight container.
Freezer: Store for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
Reheat: Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes until heated through.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Top these dogs with all your classic favorites like ketchup, mustard, yellow slaw, hot slaw, relish, chili and cheese, and more. This delicious hot dog variation is also delicious with all your favorite cookout sides like:
- Potato salad
- Pasta salad
- French fries
- Baked beans
- Mac and cheese
- Always preheat your air fryer before cooking for even cooking and proper cooking times.
- If your bacon won't stay wrapped around the hot dogs, secure it with a toothpick.
- Line your air fryer basket with foil to avoid a mess while the bacon cooks.
If you like super crispy bacon, spray your bacon wrapped hot dogs with cooking oil before air frying them for an extra crispy texture.
You can use any kind of hot dog you like. They all work well, whether they're kosher or simple Ball Park franks.
Any variety of bacon will work well so long as it's thinly sliced for easy wrapping.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 buns
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: ketchup, mustard, diced onions, relish,
- Prepare your air fryer basket by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying it with cooking spray.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each hot dog. If needed, secure the ends with toothpicks.
- Place wrapped hot dogs in your air fryer basket so they are not touching.
- Air fry at 380ºF for 8-10 minutes or until bacon is cooked and crispy. Be sure to flip your hot dogs halfway through.
- Place cooked hot dogs on buns and top with your desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 341Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 39mgSodium 864mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 14g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!