Tyson air fryer chicken strips are super crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and ready so much faster than baking. They're a delicious, easy lunch, dinner, or snack that everyone will love.
My kids love chicken strips. Heck, I love them, too! When I want to make a tasty dinner of super crispy chicken strips, I make them in the air fryer instead of the oven. The cook faster and the coating is always so much crispier.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's a super easy recipe requiring nothing but an air fryer.
- The chicken strips cook so much faster in the air fryer.
- The coating is so much crispier when you make the chicken strips in the air fryer.
Leave room between the chicken strips so the air can circulate freely and make every part of the fried outer coating nice and crispy.
You'll only need one ingredient to make this recipe, and you can find it in the frozen section of any grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Tyson chicken strips
It doesn't get much easier than this recipe. You just air fry the chicken strips, and you're all done! The highlights are here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Air fry the chicken strips in a single layer. That's it!
Substitutions and Variations
- Use your favorite brand of chicken strips for this recipe.
- Try spraying the chicken strips with nonstick spray and sprinkling them with cayenne for a spicy version.
- You can use frozen battered steak or pork fingers, as well.
- Air fryer
Refrigerator: Store for up to 3 days in an air-tight container.
Reheat: Cook the chicken strips in the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes at 375, flipping halfway through cooking.
What to Serve with Chicken Strips
These delicious Tyson air fryer chicken strips are a classic comfort food option, and they're perfect with your favorite classic sides like:
- Mashed potatoes
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Potato wedges
- Mac and cheese
- Potato salad
- Baked beans
- Arrange the chicken strips in a single layer with space between each strip for optimal airflow.
- Preheat your air fryer for even cooking and proper cooking time.
- Cook these chicken strips from frozen just as you would if you were baking them.
Frozen food cooks very well in the air fryer. And air fryer is simply a small convection oven, so any frozen food that you bake can be air-fried.
Air-fried chicken strips cook faster, and the coating is crispier. So, yes, they're better!
If you place the strips next to each other or in a pile, the air won't be able to circulate around them properly, resulting in a soggy coating on part or all of the chicken strips.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 8 frozen Tyson chicken strips
- OPTIONAL SAUCES: BBQ sauce, ranch, honey mustard, ketchup
- Place frozen chicken strips in your air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 360ºF for 11-12 minutes or until cooked through. (Time may vary depending on your air fryer.)
- Remove from air fryer basket and serve with your preferred sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 619Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 76mgSodium 1648mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 29g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!