This semi-homemade air fryer strawberry shortcake combines ease and delicious flavor in equal measure. Golden, flaky refrigerated biscuits come together with whipped topping and strawberries to create a super easy version of this delicious classic.
Strawberry shortcake can be an extremely involved recipe. OR it can be super easy. This recipe chose the latter. It's so easy to make and so deliciously sweet that everyone always asks for seconds.
Air Fryer Strawberry Shortcake
Here's the thing. I love making recipes with refrigerated biscuit dough. They're so golden, flaky, and delicious that they deserve to be utilized for more than just breakfast. That's why I love this strawberry shortcake recipe so much.
It takes less than a handful of simple ingredients to make this easy recipe.
- refrigerated biscuits
- whipped topping
A few minutes and a few simple steps are all it takes to make this recipe.
Step 1: Place biscuits in your greased air fryer basket. Make sure they are not touching. I am able to make four at a time.
Step 2: Air fry at 330ºF for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 3: Prepare strawberries by combining the with sugar in a small bowl.
Step 4: Using a fork, smash them to create a strawberry syrup.
Step 5: When biscuits are cooled, cut them into two layers.
Step 6: On the bottom layer, put whipped topping followed by a layer of strawberry syrup.
Step 7: Place the top of the biscuit on, followed by more strawberry syrup and whipped topping.
You'll only need a few basic pieces of kitchen equipment to make this recipe.
- Measuring spoon
- Air fryer
Your Favorite Biscuits: I used butter biscuits, but you can use any of your favorite varieties.
Your Preferred Whipped Topping: Any whipped topping will work. Use whatever you like.
Looking for ways to change up this air fryer strawberry shortcake? Here are some suggestions.
Different Berries: Use your favorite berries to create variations like blackberry shortcake, blueberry shortcake, and the like.
Crescent Rolls: For something a little different, try crescent rolls.
- Always grease your air fryer basket so the biscuits don't stick.
- Always preheat your air fryer. It's a myth that you don't have to.
- Never hold the biscuit when you cut it. Instead, place it on a flat surface and place your hand on top of the biscuit. Then cut horizontally through the middle of the biscuit.
More Strawberry Recipes
You should only make as many as your family and friends will eat. They're best served fresh.
They're golden and flaky, making them a great strawberry shortcake hack.
Yes. Frozen strawberries are to watery and mushy when defrosted.
Air Fryer Strawberry Shortcake
Ready to cook this air fryer strawberry shortcake? Then print the recipe card below.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
- 1 qt strawberries, chopped
- 2-4 tbsp sugar (depending on preference)
- 1 can whipped topping
- Place biscuits in your greased air fryer basket. Make sure they are not touching. I am able to make four at a time.
- Air fry at 330ºF for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare strawberries by combining the with sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a fork, smash them to create a strawberry syrup.
- When biscuits are cooled, cut them into two layers.
- On the bottom layer, put whipped topping followed by a layer of strawberry syrup.
- Place the top of the biscuit on, followed by more strawberry syrup and whipped topping.
Amount Per Serving Calories 79Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 44mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 1g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!