Air Fryer Taquitos - Taco Bell Copycat
These copycat Taco Bell air fryer taquitos have all the delicious flavors and crispy taquito that we love in the original. They're an easy Taco Tuesday dinner and great for leftovers.
These delicious taquitos are filled with tasty seasoned chicken and cheese and then air-fried to golden brown perfection.
Air Fryer Taquitos
I'm a Taco Bell taquito fiend. I can't get enough of them. The thing is that Taco Bell is the Starbucks of fast food. It's too expensive! Since I'm a darn good cook, I decided to make my own copycat version, and it's delicious.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe.
- tortilla shells
- taco seasoning
- Colby jack cheese
It only takes 4 simple steps to make this recipe!
Step 1: In a medium mixing bowl, stir taco seasoning into shredded chicken. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water.
Step 3: On each tortilla, evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded chicken and cheese.
Step 2: Tightly roll them, tucking the ends under the bottom.
Step 3: Place rolled taquitos, 4 at a time, in a greased air fryer basket.
Step 4: Air fryer at 400ºF for 6 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
Serve with your choice of salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
It doesn't take much to make this simple recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Air fryer
Beef or Pork: Shredded beef or pork both work well in this recipe.
Mexican or Taco Cheese: Mexican and Taco cheese blends are great in these taquitos.
Looking for ways to change up these copycat Taco Bell air fryer taquitos? Here are some suggestions.
Spicy: Add diced jalapenos to the filling for a kick of heat.
Different Tortillas: Use your favorite variety of tortillas. You can find them made with everything from wheat flour to spinach.
- Don't over load your taquitos. You'll be rolling them up, and too much filling will cause them to ooze when cooked.
- Preheat your air fryer to ensure proper cooking time and even cooking.
- Be sure to spray your basket with nonstick spray to prevent sticking.
More Copycat Recipes
They'll last for about 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Reheat the taquitos in your air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes at 350 degrees.
Traditionally, taquitos are made of corn tortillas, while flautas is made from flour tortillas, but these days, the term taquito is often used for both.
Copycat Taco Bell Air Fryer Taquitos
Ready to cook these copycat Taco Bell air fryer taquitos? Then print the recipe card below.
Air Fryer Taco Bell Taquitos
These copycat Taco Bell air fryer taquitos are as delicious as the original. Crispy, tortillas are filled with seasoned chicken and cheese.
- 8 soft tortilla shells
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir taco seasoning into shredded chicken. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water.
- On each tortilla, evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded chicken and cheese.
- Tightly roll them, tucking the ends under the bottom.
- Place rolled taquitos, 4 at a time, in a greased air fryer basket.
- Air fryer at 400ºF for 6 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
- Serve with your choice of salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 77mgSodium 622mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 21g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!