Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
These bacon cheeseburger egg rolls take egg roll wrappers, stuff them with everything we love about bacon cheeseburgers, then fries them to golden brown perfection to create a crispy egg roll with bacon cheeseburger flavor in every bite.
I love how crispy egg rolls get when they're fried. There's just nothing like that texture. I also adore a good bacon cheeseburger. So I decided to mash them together and create one of the best egg roll variations you'll ever make!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's an easy recipe, so you won't have to spend all day in the kitchen.
- It features crispy egg roll wrappers stuffed with all the cheeseburger goodness you love.
- It's loaded with bacon, cheese, hamburger, relish, ketchup, and more.
Be sure to place your bacon on a plate lined with paper towels and wipe out your skillet after cooking the bacon to avoid a greasy egg roll.
This recipe uses all the ingredients you'd normally need for a bacon cheeseburger. The only thing different is shopping for egg roll wrappers instead of buns. The main ingredients are listed here, but you'll find the exact list of ingredients along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Bacon, chopped into small pieces
- Ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- Diced onions
- Minced garlic
- Pickle relish
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cheddar cheese, cut in half
- Egg roll wrappers
This easy recipe only takes a few simple steps and a few minutes. You'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time! The recipe highlights are here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Then, transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels and wipe out the skillet.
2: Cook the ground meat and onions until the meat is cooked through. Drain.
3: Combine the meat, bacon, and all remaining ingredients except the cheese and egg roll wrappers and cook until heated through. Cool a bit.
4: A cheese and the ground meat mixture to the egg rolls and wrap them up. Dab the corners with a bit of water to seal.
5: Bake the egg rolls on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, flipping halfway through cooking, until golden brown.
6: OR pan-fry the egg rolls in oil, flipping halfway through cooking, until golden and crispy on both sides.
7: Serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can use ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
- Use your favorite bacon for this recipe.
- For a kick of heat, try adding red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet for baking
- OR deep skillet for frying
Refrigerator: Store for up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
Freezer: Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then store for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Reheat: Bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 350, flipping halfway through cooking, until golden brown and heated through.
What to Serve with Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Dip these in ketchup and/or mustard for the full bacon cheeseburger flavor. They're delicious with french fries, sweet potato fries, potato wedges, and potato chips, as well. And for more dipping fun try:
- Be sure to drain your meat and bacon before making the filling to avoid a greasy feel.
- You only need a dab of water to seal your egg rolls. Don't get them soggy with too much.
- Don't crowd your pan if frying your egg rolls. You need the oil to stay nice and hot.
Yes, they are. Egg rolls date back to ancient China.
Authentic Chinese egg rolls are stuffed with diced meat - usually pork or chicken - and chopped vegetables. However, because egg rolls can be found in almost any grocery store, people stuff them with almost everything these days.
To get crispy egg rolls, be sure your oil is hot (about 3
Other Easy Quick Meals
Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Bacon cheeseburger egg rolls are stuffed with bacon, cheese, ground beef, ketchup, mustard, and more, then fried to golden brown perfection.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp pickle relish
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, cut in half
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- If you are baking your egg rolls, preheat your oven to 425ºF. If you are frying them in oil, add about ½ inch of oil to a skillet and heat it to about 350ºF.
- Add bacon to a large skillet and fry on medium-high heat until cooked and crispy.
- Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel. Wipe skillet out.
- Add ground meat, onions, salt, and pepper to skillet. Fry for 8 minutes or until no pink remains. If needed, drain grease off meat.
- Add bacon, garlic, ketchup, mustard, relish, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir together and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove meat mixture from heat and allow to cool a bit before assembling your egg rolls. If the meat mixture is too hot, it will cause your egg roll wrappers to tear.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on your working surface.
- A half slice of cheese in the center of the egg roll wrapper.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of meat mixture on top of the cheese.
- Gently flatten the contents with a spoon.
- Fold the sides of the egg roll wrapper in until they barely touch.
- Bring bottom up over top of the contents. Gently roll and secure the the egg roll wrapper to itself with a small amount of water. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- If you are baking:
- Place egg rolls on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchmentPaper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then flip egg rolls and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- If you are oil frying:
- Using a tongs, gently place egg rolls in hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg roll wrapper is golden brown. Flip egg rolls and repeat frying for the other side.
- When egg rolls are done, place the on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping.
Amount Per Serving Calories 200Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 45mgSodium 421mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 14g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!