These grilled cheese bacon hamburgers combine everything we love about grilled cheese sandwiches and hamburgers into the ultimate hand-held feast!
If you love grilled cheese sandwiches and bacon cheeseburgers, then you’re going to adore this cheesy, beefy mashup. I love serving these up for gameday, movie nights, and other special occasions because they combine two of my family’s favorite comfort foods into one cozy blanket of flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses just a few simple ingredients.
- It’s super easy to make.
- It combines two classic favorites into one amazing sandwich.
Don’t press your burgers while cooking them. It’s a common mistake and makes for a super dry burger.
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients that are readily available at your local grocery store. The highlights are below, but you’ll find the complete ingredient list along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Ground beef
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Hearty white bread
It only takes a few simple steps and a few minutes to make this delicious grilled cheese hamburger mashup. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time! The broad strokes are below. Check out the recipe card for the specific instructions.
1: Combine the ground beef and seasonings and form into 2 patties.
2: Cook the burgers on medium heat until cooked through. A meat thermometer should read 160 degrees.
3: Fry the bacon while the burgers are cooking.
4: Place 2 slices of butter bread in a skillet and top with cheese and bacon.
5: Top with a hamburger patty, another slice of cheese, and butter bread, and cook until golden on both sides. Cut in half and enjoy.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can use ground turkey or chicken in place of ground beef.
- Use your favorite cheese for this recipe.
- You can use your favorite bread for this recipe.
- Mixing bowl
- 2 skillets
Refrigerator: These sandwiches aren’t storage-friendly and should be eaten as soon as they’re made. No matter how you reheat them, the bread tends to be soggy. Luckily, this recipe only makes two sandwiches!
What to Serve with Grilled Cheese
Of course, you probably think of tomato soup when you think of grilled cheese pairings, but there’s so much more you can try. Check out the ideas here in my what to serve with grilled cheese post.
- Don’t press your burgers while you cook them. It’s a common mistake that leads to dry burgers.
- Don’t look your grilled cheese hamburger over heat that’s too high. You want a golden sandwich with melty cheese. Heat that’s too high will burn the bread before the cheese can melt.
Cheddar, Swiss, Muenster, Havarti, Pepper Jack, and American are all great for grilled cheese.
Start the bacon in a cold pan. Adding bacon to a hot pan overcooks the outer edges and undercooks the center, leading to burned areas on the outside and flabby pockets on the inside.
Start the sandwich in a cold pan and slowly heat it up. You’ll end up with golden brown goodness on the outside and gooey amazingness on the inside.
More Grilled Cheese Recipes
- ½-⅔ pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 large slices bacon
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices hearty white bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mix ground beef, salt, and pepper together. Split in half and form two patties similar to the shape of your bread.
- Place patties in a greased skillet and cook 3-4 minutes over medium heat on each side or until cooked through. Internal temperature should reach 160ºF. Allow patties to sit on paper towel so grease drains off. Set aside.
- While hamburgers are cooking, fry bacon strips in a skillet over medium heat until cooked. Remove bacon from skillet and allow it to sit on paper towel so grease drains off. Set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place two pieces of bread, butter side down, in a skillet over low-medium heat. Place a slice of cheese and two slices of bacon on each piece of bread.
- When cheese begins to melt, place a hamburger patty, another slice of cheese, and a slice of bread, butter side up, to complete each sandwich.
- Flip and continue to cook until both pieces of bread are golden brown.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1284Total Fat 83gSaturated Fat 37gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 36gCholesterol 334mgSodium 2479mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 96g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!