Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are crispy on the outside and bursting with buffalo chicken flavor on the inside. These homemade egg rolls are so easy to make and take very little to come together for a meal or snack.
If you are like me and love eggrolls as much as I do, then this is a recipe that you are going to want to make. This twist on traditional eggrolls is a great way to spice up your snack time a little.
Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls
Homemade egg rolls are so simple to make. Not only can you make these at home, but you can also air fry them which can help you save calories and eat less fat.
One of the biggest benefits of air fryers is that you can have crispy food without needing to deep fry them. If you aren't a fan of air frying or don't have one on hand, don't worry because I'm including directions for how to fry these buffalo egg rolls in oil also.
You only need six ingredients to make this tasty and easy homemade egg roll recipe. Gather these ingredients and get ready to have your mind blown with their deliciousness.
- egg roll wrappers
- canned chicken breast, drained
- cream cheese
- buffalo sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- ranch dressing
Are you ready to make a tasty snack that your entire family is going to enjoy? If so, follow these seven steps and you have crispy and flavorful eggrolls that you are going to love.
Step 1: Place chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce in a medium mixing bowl.
Step 2: Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each one until ingredients are well-mixed.
Step 3: Add shredded cheese and ranch dressing. Stir until combined.
Step 4: To prepare egg rolls, lay each egg roll wrapper on a clean surface like a diamond.
Step 5: Top with about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture.
Step 6: Fold the sides of the egg roll wrapper in. Tightly fold the bottom up. Roll and seal the top fold with a few drops of water.
Step 7A: To Cook in Oil:
Prepare a plate by lining it with a paper towel.
Put about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Allow the oil to heat until it starts to form small bubbles.
Add egg rolls and fry each side until golden. This will take about 1 minute per side.
Transfer cooked egg rolls to your prepared plate. Allow the access grease to soak into the paper towel.
Serve with ranch dressing.
Step 7B: To Air Fry:
Place prepared egg rolls in a greased air fryer basket.
Air fry at 400ºF for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Egg rolls are done when both sides are golden brown.
Serve with ranch dressing.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this crispy and easy snack or meal for your family.
- microwave safe bowl
- cutting board or flat surface
- large pan or air fryer
Chicken: Don't have canned chicken? You can use cooked chicken instead.
Wrappers: Can't find egg roll wrappers? Wonton wrapped will work in a pinch.
Looking for ways to change this Chicken Egg Roll recipe up? Here are some suggestions.
Cheese: Use your favorite cheese in place of cheddar to add additional flavor.
Spice: For an additional kick, add hot buffalo sauce. Or for less spice use a mild buffalo sauce.
More Appetizer Recipes
Reheat your egg rolls in the oven at 350ºF for 6 to 9 minutes or until warm. You can also heat them up in the air fryer at 350ºF for 3 to 4 minutes.
Yes! You can freeze your egg rolls cooked or uncooked.
Store leftover buffalo chicken egg rolls in the fridge for up to three days.
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
Ready to cook this Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls recipe? Then print the recipe card below.
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 2-10 oz cans canned chicken breast, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Place chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce in a medium mixing bowl.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each one, until ingredients are well-mixed.
- Add shredded cheese and ranch dressing. Stir until combined.
- To prepare egg rolls, lay each egg roll wrapper on a clean surface like a diamond.
- Top with about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture.
- Fold the sides of egg roll wrapper in. Tightly fold the bottom up. Roll and seal the top fold with a few drops of water.
To Cook in Oil:
- Prepare a plate by lining it with paper towel.
- Put about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Allow oil to heat until is starts to form small bubbles.
- Add egg rolls and fry each side until golden. This will take about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer cooked egg rolls to your prepared plate. Allow the access grease to soak into the paper towel.
- Serve with ranch dressing
To Air Fry:
- 400ºF for 12 minutes. Flip halfway through.
Amount Per Serving Calories 328Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 57mgSodium 870mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 18g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!