These cake batter bars are rich, delicious, and best of all, easy! They're loaded with the rich flavors of white cake and sweet, gooey cream cheese. Topped of with sprinkles, these bars are as adorable as they are delicious.
When I want cake, but I want it with a twist, I break out these bars. They're a fun way to get in all that cake flavor and a little something extra special, to boot.
Cake Batter Bars
This recipe was inspired by my two favorite things - cake and cream cheese. I decided that a sheet cake topped with a layer of delicious, gooey and sweet cream cheese was just the thing to bring those two things together, and I was so right.
You only need a few basic baking ingredients to make these bars.
- white cake mix
- pink food coloring
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
6 steps are all it takes to make on of the tastiest desserts you've ever had..
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Step 2: To make crust layer, combine cake mix powder, 1 egg, butter, and 10 drops of pink food coloring.
Step 3: Press dough into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
Step 4: For gooey layer, mix cream cheese, vanilla, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar together. Spread evenly over crust.
Step 5: Top things off with sprinkles of your choice.
Step 6: Bake at 350 degrees for 32-35 minutes.
The equipment needed to make this dessert is as simple as the recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking dish
Margarine: You can use margarine in place of butter if you like.
Applesauce or Smashed Bananas: Work well in place of eggs if you're out.
Looking for ways to change up these cake batter bars? Here are some suggestions.
Different Cake Mix: Use your favorite cake mix in this recipe to change things up.
Shaved White Chocolate: Shaved white chocolate as a topper for these bars is a nice touch.
- Always soften your butter when creaming for the best texture.
- Soften your cream cheese to ensure a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Always grease your baking pan, even if it's nonstick.
More Cake Recipes
These will keep for 3 - 4 days in the refrigerator.
You didn't allow your cream cheese to fully soften.
I don't recommend freezing them.
Cake Batter Bars
Ready to cook these cake batter bars? Then print the recipe card below. =]\
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 egg, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 drops pink food coloring
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- To make the crust layer, combine cake mix powder, 1 egg, butter, and 10 drops of pink food coloring.
- Press dough into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
- For the gooey layer, mix cream cheese, vanilla, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar together. Spread evenly over crust.
- Top things off with sprinkles of your choice.
- Bake at 350ºF for 32-35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 43mgSodium 79mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 17gProtein 2g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!