Air fryer porterhouse steak is an easy main dish that's full of flavor and always perfectly cooked. This steak is gorgeous on the outside and so tender and juicy on the inside.
I love making steak, but I've always had a hard time getting it just right. Using this air fryer method, I always cook my steaks to perfection.
Air Fryer Porterhouse Steak
I love porterhouse steak. It's one of my favorite steaks for its flavor and texture. I've cooked it a lot of different ways but using the air fryer is by far my favorite.
It only takes steak and a couple of simple seasonings to make this recipe.
- Porterhouse Steaks
It only takes a few simple steps to make these delicious steaks.
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Place steak in a greased air fryer basket. (Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook each steak separately.)
Step 3: Season steak with half of salt and pepper.
Step 4: Slice 2 tbsp of butter and place it on top of the steak.
Step 5: Air fry at 400ºF for 6 minutes.
Step 6: Flip steaks and air fryer another 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140ºF.
Step 7: Allow meat to rest of 5 minutes prior to serving.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook each steak separately.
It takes next to nothing to make these steaks. You only need less than a handful of items.
- Air fryer
Sea Salt: Sea salt gives this recipe a slightly different flavor.
Your Favorite Steak: Use your favorite steak for this recipe. It works well with any of them.
Looking for ways to change this air fryer porterhouse steak recipe up? Here are some suggestions.
Compound Butter: Try using compound butter with your favorite spices to add more flavor.
Steak Sauce: Use a little steak sauce - just a touch - when you serve this steak.
- Room temperature steaks cook more evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer for best results.
- Let your steak rest for a few minutes before serving.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Yes. Air frying creates a golden brown exterior that mimics a hard sear and a tender, juicy interior.
Absolutely. They're just as good as pan-seared, and they're practically foolproof.
It will last for 3 - 4 days in the refrigerator.
Air Fryer Porterhouse Steak
Ready to cook this air fryer porterhouse steak? Then print the recipe card below.
- 2 - 16 oz Porterhouse Steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 oz butter
- Preheat the air fryer at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
- Place steak in a greased air fryer basket. (Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook each steak separately.)
- Season steak with half of salt and pepper.
- Slice 2 tbsp of butter and place it on top of the steak.
- Air fry at 400ºF for 6 minutes.
- Flip steaks and air fry for another 6 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 140ºF.
- Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes prior to serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 830Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 32gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 249mgSodium 909mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 58g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!