Air fryer soft boiled eggs deliver the perfect combination of firm whites and slightly runny yolks each and every time with no need for boiling water. It's the best way to make soft boiled eggs.
My kids and I love soft boiled eggs, but for the longest time it was hit or miss for me. The traditional method of boiling them until the whites are firm but the yolk is just slightly runny has always been a bit of a crap shoot for me, so when I discovered making them in the air fryer, I was hooked. They ALWAYS come out perfectly!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only uses one ingredient.
- It's an incredibly easy recipe that you cannot mess up.
- The eggs always come out perfectly, with firm whites and slightly runny yolks.
- These eggs make a great breakfast or healthy snack.
Be sure you have cold ice water on hand to dip your eggs into immediately.
This is the easiest ingredient list you'll ever find. You only need eggs and water, and I know you have both of those in your kitchen! Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Salt and pepper to taste
This incredibly easy soft boiled egg recipe only takes a few minutes to make. You'll be all done in a flash!
The recipe highlights are listed here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
2: Air fry the eggs for 10 minutes.
2: Immediately transfer the soft boiled eggs to a bowl of ice water and cool.
3: Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- Increase the cooking time to 15 minutes for hard boiled eggs.
- Season your eggs with your favorite spices.
- Air fryer
- Large bowl
Peel the eggs and refrigerate them for up to 2 days in an air-tight container. Never freeze boiled eggs. The whites become rubbery.
What to Serve with Soft Boiled Eggs
Soft boiled eggs make a great main protein for a breakfast with toast, breakfast meats, and your other favorites. You can also serve these eggs on top of avocado toast or grain bowls.
- Preheat your air fryer for precise cooking.
- Be sure your ice water is prepared a couple of minutes before the eggs are done so the water is ice cold.
- Let the eggs cool for about 2 minutes, then peel while warm.
Soft boiled eggs are as safe to eat as fried eggs with runny yolks, which is fairly safe.
Placing soft boiled eggs in an ice water bath for 2 minutes not only makes soft boiled eggs easier to handle, but it also makes them easier to peel.
As long as the white portion is firm, the rest comes down to personal preference. Soft boiled eggs range from a fully runny yolk to a yolk that is only somewhat soft or gooey.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer at 270ºF for 2 minutes.
- Carefully place eggs in air fryer basket so they are not touching.
- Air fryer for 10 minutes.
- While eggs are air frying, place water and ice in a large bowl.
- When eggs are done, transfer them immediately to ice water.
- Allow eggs to cool for 2 minutes.
- Peel, add salt and pepper, and enjoy!
- If you prefer hard boiled eggs, increase cook time to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 372mgSodium 225mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 13g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!