This creamy fried pickle and ranch dip is loaded with dill pickles, ranch seasoning, and toasted panko bread crumbs to create a dip chock full of the flavor of fried pickles and the zesty kick of ranch dip!
If you love fried pickles and ranch dressing, then I have an amazing dip for you. This extra creamy dip is made with a base of mayo, cream cheese, and sour cream and full of delicious fried pickle flavor. It's a great dip for any occasion.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It uses a few simple ingredients you can find in any grocery store.
- It's a super easy recipe to make, taking only a few minutes.
- It's extra creamy thanks to mayo, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- The toasted panko breadcrumbs give the dip its signature fried pickle flavor.
- It's a great appetizer for any party.
To avoid any chunks in your dip, be sure your cream cheese is fully softened before making this dip.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and they're all readily available at any grocery store. The ingredients are listed here, but the exact amounts are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese, softened
- Dry ranch dressing powder
- Garlic powder
- Dill weed seasoning
- Diced dill pickles and some extra for garnishing
- Panko crumbs
This is an incredibly easy recipe that comes together in just a few minutes and with very little effort. The recipe highlights are here, but the exact instructions are in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Combine the all ingredients except the panko breadcrumbs.
2: Chill for an hour.
3: Toast the breadcrumbs and cool.
4: Sprinkle the dip with the toasted breadcrumbs and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- You can use full-fat Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
- Try topping the dip with fried dill pickles.
- Add a kick of heat with red pepper flakes.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
Refrigerate this dip in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. Do not freeze. It will break and become a watery, grainy mess after defrosting.
What to Serve with Creamy Dip
Serve this classic creamy dip with all your favorites like:
- Tortilla chips
- French fries
- Potato wedges
- Veggie sticks
- Pretzel rods
- Be sure your cream cheese is fully softened for the easiest mixing.
- Chill your dip for at least an hour to let the flavors meld well.
- Sprinkle the toasted panko on the dip just before serving so it doesn't get soggy.
Fried pickle ranch dip is a variation of classic dill pickle dip featuring a zesty kick of ranch flavor and toasted panko crumbs.
No. Mixing fried pickles into the dip would make them soggy. Yuck. To achieve that fried pickle flavor, I sprinkle the top fo the dip with toasted panko when serving.
Dips like this one made with mayonnaise will break when defrosted, creating a watery, grainy mess that no amount of mixing will fix.
More Pickle Recipes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dill weed seasoning
- 1 cup diced dill pickles and some extra for garnishing
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, ranch powder, garlic powder, and dill seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Add pickles and stir again.
- Refrigerate dipping sauce for an hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Prepare panko crumbs by combining them with the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir often to avoid burning. Cook until panko crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Just before serving your dip, sprinkle crumbs over top along with some diced pickles.
- Serve with potato chips, fresh veggies, or crackers.
Amount Per Serving Calories 249Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 31mgSodium 369mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 3g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!