An air fryer egg on toast is the perfect way to start the day. A perfectly cooked sunny-side-up egg on golden, crispy toast? Oh yes, it's a winner!
I love eggs and toast. What I love even more than eggs and toast is easy eggs and toast, and that's what I get with this recipe. It all cooks to perfection at the same time in my air fryer!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a couple of simple ingredients.
- It's ready in a flash.
- Eggs and toast are a classic breakfast combo that everyone loves.
Be sure to preheat your air fryer for proper cooking and cook time.
It only takes two ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen and some salt and pepper to make this recipe. That's it! See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Salt and pepper
Making this recipe is ridiculously easy. You'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time! The highlights are here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Make a depression in the bread slices and place them in the air fryer.
2: Add eggs to the bread and air fry until the eggs are done and the bread is toasted.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use your favorite bread for this recipe.
- Try topping the egg with cheese before cooking.
- Air fryer
This recipe only makes two pieces of air fryer eggs on toast, so you shouldn't need to store anything. That's good because this recipe does not heat well at all.
What to Serve with Eggs and Toast
These air fryer eggs on toast are delicious as a stand-alone breakfast. You can also pair them with your other breakfast favorites like sausage, bacon, pancakes, and more.
- Preheat the air fryer before cooking to ensure proper cooking and cooking time.
- Be careful not to press a hole through the bread while making the depression.
This recipe was first seen in the 1890s in a cookbook called Fannie Farmer's Boston Cooking School Cook Book.
Eggs on toast are called Toad in a Hole, Egg in a Basket, Egg in a Hole, or Egg in a Hat.
They are. Eggs are full or protein, and toast has carbs. It's a complete breakfast. If you use whole grain or multi-grain bread, it's even healthier.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Using a glass, indent the slices of bread to make a spot for the eggs.
- Place prepared bread into your greased air fryer basket.
- Crack one egg onto each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto each piece of bread.
- Air fry at 340ºF for 8-10 minutes or until egg is cooked. Depending on how hard you prefer your yolk, adjust your cook time.
Amount Per Serving Calories 154Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 186mgSodium 371mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 9g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!