This Easy Pumpkin Pie is guaranteed to impress everyone. A light crust filled with a luscious flavorful filling makes the perfect pie!
When fall rolls around and the weather begins to turn colder, I am always excited to whip up some delicious pumpkin recipes. My Easy Pumpkin Pie is always on the list and is sure to get rave reviews no matter where I serve it. You should also check on my famous Pumpkin Bars!
Ingredients for Easy Pumpkin Pie
- canned pumpkin
- evaporated milk
- vegetable shortening
Directions for Easy Pumpkin Pie
It's time to get your light, flaky crust made. Start by putting your flour and salt in a small mixing bowl. Next, add the shortening. With a fork, cut the shortening into the dry ingredients.
To bring it all together, add the cold water. Work this into the flour mixture with your hands. Some are a little hesitant about getting their hands dirty, but I find that I can mix things the best that way. Keep working the dough until it is uniform throughout and easily forms a ball.
Get that rolling pin out! On a lightly floured surface, roll your pie crust starting at the center and working your way out. Roll it just big enough to cover the bottom and sides of your pie plate.
Let's be honest! That is one nice looking pie crust. Now let's fill it with a sensational pumpkin pie filling that is sure to impress everyone!
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients. With a hand mixer, combine until everything is well blended.
Now it is time to make some magic happen! Carefully pour the filling into your perfectly prepared pie crust. Place it in the oven and bake it at 425ºF for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350ºF. Continue baking for 40-50 minutes or until the center of the pie is set.
Check that out! That is what I call an easy-to-make perfect pumpkin pie!
Can’t get enough sweets? Check out more of my favorites!
- Patriotic Jello Poke Cake
- Homemade Poppy Seed Cake
- 2-Ingredient 7UP Cake with Cream Cheese 7UP Icing
- Homemade Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Red White and Blue Cake Mix Cookies
- Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Homemade Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy & Delicious Pumpkin Bars
- Filling Ingredients:
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- To prepare the crust, put flour and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut shortening into dry ingredients with a fork.
- Pour cold water into bowl and mix with hands until it forms a uniform ball.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is large enough to cover your pie pan.
- To make filling, add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Beat well until mixture is uniform.
- Pour filling into your prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350ºF. Bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until center of pie is set.
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!