Instant pot Buffalo chicken pasta is loaded with white meat chicken, pasta, cheese, and the classic kick of Buffalo sauce. It's a dish that any Buffalo chicken lover will adore.
If you love Buffalo chicken, then this recipe is for you. Classic Buffalo chicken flavor comes together with a cheesy sauce and pasta, and it's all topped with blue cheese and chopped green onion.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Buffalo chicken is a classic flavor that you most often find on game days, but I decided to turn it into a weeknight meal with this recipe. I add all the classic flavor with Buffalo sauce, and I make it fast in the instant pot.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this flavorful meal.
- olive oil
- chicken breasts
- chicken broth
- buffalo sauce
- rotini pasta
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- blue cheese crumbles
- green onions
A few simple steps and a few minutes are all it takes to make this recipe.
Step 1: Add olive oil to the Instant Pot.
Step 2: Turn on Instant Pot to SAUTE.
Step 3: Once the Instant Pot is hot, add the chicken and sauté until cooked through.
Step 4: Turn the Instant Pot off.
Step 5: In this order, add the chicken broth, milk, buffalo sauce, pasta, and cream cheese. Do not stir.
Step 6: Place lid on Instant Pot.
Step 7: Close the pressure valve. PRESSURE on high for 5 minutes. Then QUICK RELEASE.
Step 8: When pressure is released, stir ingredients together.
Step 9: Add shredded cheese and stir until combined.
Step 10: If you choose, top with crumbled blue cheese and green onions.
It only takes a few basic pieces of kitchen equipment to make this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Instant Pot
Chicken Thigs: You can use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe, as well.
Any Macaroni Noodle: You can use any short macaroni noodle shape you like.
Looking for ways to change up this instant pot Buffalo chicken pasta? Here are some suggestions.
Diced Jalapenos: Add diced jalapenos for an extra kick of heat.
Hot Sauce: Another spicy option is to add a bit of hot sauce to the sauce.
- Cut your chicken into uniform pieces to ensure even cooking.
- If you can, grate your own cheese. Packaged shredded cheese is filled with preservatives and additives.
- Don't stir the sauce ingredients before cooking. The perfect texture is achieved by stirring them afterward.
More Instant Pot Recipes
It will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to 3 days.
Simply microwave it covered at 1-minute intervals until heated through.
Buffalo sauce is a toned-down version of hot sauce. The addition of fat helps reduce the heat.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Ready to cook this instant pot Buffalo chicken pasta? Then print the recipe card below.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- blue cheese crumbles, optional
- chopped green onion, optional
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Turn on Instant Pot to SAUTE.
- Once the Instant Pot is hot, add the chicken and sauté until cooked through.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- In this order, add the chicken broth, milk, buffalo sauce, pasta, and cream cheese. Do not stir.
- Place lid on Instant Pot.
- Close the pressure valve. PRESSURE on high for 5 minutes. Then QUICK RELEASE.
- When pressure is released, stir ingredients together.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until combined.
- If you choose, top with crumbled blue cheese and green onions.
Amount Per Serving Calories 447Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 119mgSodium 936mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 36g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!