These pizza pinwheels are stuffed full of pepperoni, bell peppers, and mozzarella cheese, baked to golden perfection, then served with pizza sauce for dipping. They're an appetizer that's as delicious as it is fun.
I love all the flavors of pizza. It's one of my favorite foods, in fact. So I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy it. That's why I love these pinwheels. They're a fun, delicious twist on classic pizza flavor.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's an easy recipe that's ready in minutes.
- It only uses a handful of ingredients.
- It's loaded with all the classic flavors of pizza that we love so much.
Roll your pinwheel log as tightly as possible so the ingredients stay in the pinwheels and the pinwheels remain tight while baking.
This recipe only uses a handful of simple ingredients, and you'll find them all easily at your local grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Mini pepperoni
- Green pepper, diced
- Red pepper, diced
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce
These pinwheels are so simple to make that even beginners can do it. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps! The highlights are here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Unroll the crescent dough and pinch the triangles together to create four rectangles.
2: Top each rectangle with the pizza ingredients.
3: Starting on the short end of the rectangles, roll each one into a log.
4: Slice the logs into 1-inch pinwheels and place them on a greased baking sheet.
5: Bake until golden.
6: Serve with pizza sauce and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- You can use any of your favorite toppings like olives, bacon pieces, cooked sausage, and the like in these pizza pinwheels.
- Use your favorite cheese for this recipe.
- Try dipping these in marinara sauce, as well.
- Add red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Measuring cups
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
Refrigerator: Store for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
Freezer: Store for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Reheat: Place the pinwheels on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 375 until warmed through.
What to Serve with Pizza Pinwheels
These pinwheels are great appetizers and pair well with any of your other favorite finger foods at parties. You can also serve them alongside pizza, pasta, breadsticks, mozzarella sticks, and the like to create the ultimate pizza party.
- Place the dough in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes before rolling it. Dough that's too warm can rip easily.
- Roll your dough as tightly as possible to reduce the pinwheels' spread when they bake.
- If you plan on using bacon or sausage in these pinwheels, fully cook the meat first.
Place your dough rectangles in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to cool them down. If the dough is too warm, it will rip or tear easily.
Absolutely. Try adding olives, red pepper flakes, bacon, ham, ground beef, Italian sausage or any of your other favorites.
Yes. If you don't cook your beef or Italian sausage, your pinwheels can get soggy, or the meat might now be fully cooked.
Other Delicious Dishes
- 8 oz can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 oz pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Roll crescent roll dough out on a greased baking sheet.
- Create four rectangles by pinching the dough together.
- Add pepperoni, peppers, and cheese evenly on all rectangles.
- Starting with the shorter side of each rectangle, carefully roll the dough. If your dough is too warm, it will not roll well or it may tear easier. Putting your pan in the freezer for 5-10 minutes will help.
- Slice each roll into 1-inch pieces and lay them flat on your greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crescent cook is baked thoroughly and golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 359Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 40mgSodium 817mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 13g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!