Air fryer bacon wrapped scallops are the easiest way to make the most delicious scallops you've ever had. Crisp bacon surrounds tender, sweet, perfectly cooked scallops.
My family loves seafood. We also love bacon. That's why I love these scallops they give us the best of both worlds in one dish.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
When you think of surf and turf, you probably think of steak and lobster, but when I think of it, I think of these bacon wrapped babies. The surf is there. The turf is there. It all checks out.
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe.
- fresh scallops
- olive oil
This recipe is so easy, you'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Place bacon in your air fryer basket.
Step 2: Air fry at 350ºF for 3 minutes. Bacon will just start to cook. Wipe out any access grease in air fryer.
Step 3: Blot scallops dry with paper towel.
Step 4: Place them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until scallops are evenly coated.
Step 5: Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop. You may have to trim the bacon so it fits.
Step 6: Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
Step 7: Place wrapped scallops in air fryer basket.
Step 8: Air fry at 350ºF for 6 minutes or until scallops are cooked through and bacon is crisp.
It takes next to no kitchen equipment to make these delicious bites.
- Measuring spoons
- Air fryer
Vegetable Oil: If you don't have olive oil, vegetable oil will work in this recipe.
Turkey Bacon: For a healthier version of this recipe, use turkey bacon.
Looking for ways to change up these air fryer bacon wrapped scallops? Here are some suggestions.
Garlic: Try adding garlic powder for an extra kick of flavor.
Lemon Pepper: Lemon pepper is the perfect flavor to pair with these scallops.
- Be careful not to overcook your scallops. They'll become tough.
- Preheat your air fryer for best results. Some people claim you don't need to, but it makes a difference.
- Opt for a simple smoked bacon rather than flavors like maple so the scallops won't be overwhelmed.
More Seafood Recipes
These will keep for about 2 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 2 months.
Yes. Bake them for about 15 minutes at 300 degres. They'll be a bit tougher the second time around, but they're still good.
If scallops are overcooked, they'll get chewy. The protein in the scallops cooks to a point where it squeezes the water out of the flesh, leading to a tough, chewy texture.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Ready to cook Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops? Print the recipe card below.
- 8 large fresh scallops
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place bacon in your air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350ºF for 3 minutes. Bacon will just start to cook. Wipe out any access grease in air fryer.
- Blot scallops dry with paper towel.
- Place them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until scallops are evenly coated.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop. You may have to trim the bacon so it fits.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place wrapped scallops in air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350ºF for 6 minutes or until scallops are cooked through and bacon is crisp.
Amount Per Serving Calories 84Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 17mgSodium 571mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 7g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!