Air fryer steak fries are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. These perfectly seasoned potato wedges make the perfect side for all your favorite sandwiches, burgers, dogs, and other favorites like chicken nuggets.
Steak fries are the ultimate French fry variation if you ask me. I love their crispy exterior and soft interior, and when you serve them with simple ketchup, you have a delicious side for almost anything. It's a potato side dish that everyone loves. This version is air-fried, so it always cooks to perfection and there's no messy cleanup!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It's an easy recipe that even beginners can make.
- The crispy exterior and soft interior make each bite incredibly delicious.
- It's the perfect side for sandwiches, burgers, dogs, or your favorite fried foods.
Be sure you thoroughly coat your potatoes before air frying them so every bite is seasoned to perfection.
You'll only need 5 simple ingredients to make this recipe, and they're all almost certainly in your kitchen right now.
All the ingredients are listed here, but you can find the exact quantities in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Russet potato wedges
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
Making these steak fries is incredibly easy, and it only takes a few minutes from start to finish!
The recipe highlights are below, but you can find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Toss the potatoes with the oil and seasonings.
2: Air fry the potatoes until golden brown, tossing them a few times throughout the cooking process to avoid burning.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use sweet potato wedges for a delicious variation.
- Season the potatoes with your favorite blend of herbs and spices to make them your own.
- For a spicy kick, add a bit of cayenne to the spice mixture.
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Air fryer
Refrigerator: Store for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
Freezer: Store for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Reheat: Air fry the steak fries at 350 for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking every minute or two until heated through.
What to Serve with Steak Fries
Steak fries are the ultimate backyard party side dish. They pair well with all your favorites like:
- Hot dogs
- Fried chicken
- Fried fish
- Fried beef
- Fried pork
- BBQ of all kinds
- Always preheat your air fryer for uniform cooking.
- Be sure to shake your fries every few minutes to prevent burning and ensure an evenly crisp exterior.
- Be sure your potato wedges are thoroughly coated to ensure maximum flavor in every bite.
- Leave the skin on for that classic steak fry look.
Steak fries are a variation of thick-cut French fries. While classic French fries are typically about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick, steak fries can be 1/2 inch thick or more.
If you pack too many potato wedges into your air fryer, the heat won't be able to circulate around them adequately. In addition, it's important to give your basket a good shake every couple of minutes to redistribute the fries and help them get crispy on all sides.
If you're looking for more flavor, try adding cayenne pepper, paprika, or chili powder. You can even add a combination of the three.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 4 cups russet potato wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Toss until all potatoes are coated.
- Transfer potatoes to your air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400ºF for 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Be sure to toss them a few times while cooking to avoid burning.
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 307mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!