The lemon blueberry cookies are a taste of summer in every bite. Tender, moist cookies are filled with the flavor of lemon and fresh blueberries for an explosion of flavor in every bite.
If you love summer and cookies, then this is the recipe for you. Whether you serve these at a backyard party or enjoy them in the winter while dreaming of warmer weather, the summery flavors in these cookies will always satisfy.
Lemon Blueberry Cookies
Cookies are the ultimate treat in my book. I make them for almost any occasion. I particularly love these cookies because they combine a tender, moist cookie dough recipe with fresh blueberries and the zip of lemon.
You’ll only need a few basic ingredients to make this recipe. You might even have them all in your kitchen already.
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- lemon zest
It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps to make this easy recipe.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars.
Step 2: Add eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and beat again.
Step 3: Add salt, soda, and flour and beat until smooth.
Step 4: Stir in blueberries and chill dough for one hour before baking.
Step 5: Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Step 6: Using a 1-inch cookie dough scoop, place balls of dough on a greased baking sheet.
Step 7: Bake for 11-14 minutes or until they begin to set. These cookies are better if not over-baked.
It only takes some basic baking equipment to make these cookies.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Stand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Cookie scoop
Shortening: You can use shortening in place of butter. Be aware, however, that the cookies won’t have quite as much flavor.
Homemade Brown Sugar: If you don’t have brown sugar, make your own. Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon molasses. Mix until combined.
Looking for ways to change up these lemon blueberry cookies? Here are some suggestions.
Dried Blueberries: Try using dried blueberries for a “blueberry chip” feel.
Chocolate Chips: Add chocolate chips. They’re delicious with blueberries and lemon!
- Be sure your butter is completely softened to ensure it creams completely with the sugars.
- When measuring your flour, gently spoon it out of the container and into your measuring cup. Then level it off with a knife. This keeps you from measuring out too much flour.
- Press firmly when packing your brown sugar to ensure it’s measured correctly.
More Blueberry Recipes
You can store them for up to 2 weeks in an air-tight container at room temperature or 3 weeks in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to a month.
Place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to a month.
Just leave them in the refrigerator overnight!
Lemon Blueberry Cookies
Ready to bake these lemon blueberry cookies? Then print the recipe card below.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and beat again.
- Add salt, soda, and flour and beat until smooth.
- Stir in blueberries and chill dough for one hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a 1-inch cookie dough scoop, place balls of dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until they begin to set. These cookies are better if not over-baked.
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 36mgSodium 196mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 2g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!