This meatloaf seasoning will give you perfectly-flavored meatloaf every time. This simple seasoning mix is perfect for meatloaf and much more!
Meatloaf is one of my favorite dishes to make, especially when it's loaded with great flavor. While you could just form beef into a loaf and sprinkle in a bit of onion and garlic powder and call it good, it's much better and so easy to use this seasoning mix for meatloaf that's loaded with the perfect combination of flavors.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's an easy blend to make that takes just minutes.
- Everything in this mix is simple and easy to find.
- It's super versatile and works well with so much more than meatloaf.
This seasoning mix is easy to make and gives every bite of your meatloaf (or anything else you season it with) a ton of flavor. Take a look at what's in the mix. You'll find the exact quantities in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
It couldn't be easier to make this seasoning mix. In fact, it's so easy, I went ahead and actually included a meatloaf recipe to go along with it. I'm hitting the highlights here, but you can find the complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
2: Add seasoning to ground beef and mix until combined.
3: Place in a greased loaf pan and bake.
Meatloaf is easiest to mix with your hands. It allows you to distribute everything nice and evenly.
Substitutions and Variations
This meatloaf seasoning is absolutely perfect the way it is. However, you can vary how you make your meatloaf.
- Use ground turkey in place of beef.
- Use a half-and-half mixture of beef and pork.
- Try using a mixture of half beef and half Italian sausage.
If you love recipes with a perfectly seasoned kick, then check out these garlic ranch pretzels.
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Loaf pan
You can use this seasoning with more than just meatloaf. It's a great all-purpose mix that can be used with:
This meatloaf is a delicious classic, and as such, it pairs well with classic sides like:
There are really no tips for making meatloaf seasoning. You just measure and mix. I do have some tips fro the meatloaf, however.
- Mix the meatloaf extremely well to ensure the spices are evenly distributed throughout.
- There's no need to add any binders to this recipe. The meat will hold together, and the flavor is already perfect.
Store the meatloaf seasoning in an air-tight container with your other spices for up to a year.
Refrigerator: Store the meatloaf in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Freeze the meatloaf in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Make Ahead: You can make this meatloaf seasoning and keep it on hand for up to a year to use in so many recipes.
They never really go bad, but after 6 months to a year, they begin to lose their flavor.
For sure! It makes the perfect meatloaf seasoning, but it's so good with any kind of beef, pork, or chicken recipe.
Homemade seasoning mixes will last for up to a year.
More Weeknight Dinners
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- If you are ready to make your meatloaf, add seasoning to 2 pounds of ground beef.
- Work with hands until well-combined
- Put meat in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
Amount Per Serving Calories 56Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2335mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 6gSugar 1gProtein 2g
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!