These exquisite Caramel Crush Bars will melt in your mouth and leave you begging for more! I bet you can’t eat just one!
Easy and Delicious Caramel Bars
Who is ready to have their mind blown? These Caramel Crush Bars are the perfect dessert for everyone with a sweet tooth. You should also check out these amazing Easy Dreamy Chocolate Bars…another reason to love your oven!When it comes to desserts, there is one ingredient that I just can’t resist…CARAMEL! I could even go so far to say that I have a genuine crush on caramel. And I am not fussy. It could be drizzled on top of ice cream, swirled delicately amid chocolate and pecans, or simply wrapped in plastic, going solo. Because of this love, I am always searching for or creating new recipes to satisfy this NEED I have. These Caramel Crush Bars are my latest creation and have quickly worked their way to my “Favorite Desserts” list.
A couple weeks ago, I posted my Easy Dreamy Chocolate Bars. These are also definitely on my “Favorite Desserts” list. Just recently, my sweet Sy’Rih approached me at 8:10pm and informed me she needed to take a treat to school the following day. She requested her favorite, Easy Dreamy Chocolate Bars. I quickly started gathering the ingredients when I discovered I didn’t have any sweetened condensed milk. Determined to still pull through for her, my mind began racing. Immediately CARAMEL popped into my head. How could I go wrong by substituting caramel into a recipe?? Result…an amazing creation…Caramel Crush Bars.
Check out my recipe below and be prepared to fall in love!
How to make Caramel Crush Bars:
- brown sugar
Now it is time to start baking. In no time at all, you will be enjoying these sweet, sensational treats!
Preheat your oven to 325ºF.
How to make the crust:
To prepare the crust, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add flour, brown sugar, and quick oats. Mix these ingredients together until smooth. I like to use my hands. I find it much easier.
Set ⅓ of the mixture aside for later. Press the remainder in a greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes. When it is done, allow the crust to cool.
How to make the caramel filling:
To make the caramel filling, place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt butter completely.
Next, stir in brown sugar for about one minute or until it is dissolved and smooth. Do the same with the milk and vanilla.
Finally, add the flour. It will appear chunky at first, but keep stirring until becomes smooth.
Bring caramel filling to a slow boil (stirring continuously) for about three minutes or until it begins to thicken. Remove pan from heat.
When crust is cool to the touch, pour caramel over top. Finish things off by sprinkling the remaining crust on top. Bake at 300ºF for an additional 20 minutes.
These Caramel Crush Bars will appear a bit runny, but they will firm up as they cool.
Can’t get enough sweets? Check out more of my favorites!
- Patriotic Jello Poke Cake
- Homemade Poppy Seed Cake
- 2-Ingredient 7UP Cake with Cream Cheese 7UP Icing
- Homemade Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Red White and Blue Cake Mix Cookies
- Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Homemade Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy & Delicious Pumpkin Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp flour
- Melt butter completely.
- Mix butter with oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar.
- Press 2/3 of this mixture into a greased (I also like using parchment paper) 9x13 pan and bake at 325ºF for 10 minutes. When done, allow it to cool.
- Set remaining 1/3 of crust aside for topping.
- While crust is baking, melt butter for filling in a saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar until smooth. (about 1 minute)
- Repeat for milk, vanilla, and flour, adding each one separately.
- Bring to a slow boil for about 3 minutes until it begins to thicken. Be sure to stir continuously.
- Remove from heat.
- When crust is cool to the touch, pour caramel filling on it.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over top.
- Bake at 300ºF for an additional 20 minutes.
- Bars will appear a bit runny but will firm up when cool.
Never miss my delicious recipes, cute creations, or household tips!